Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3G on iPhone 5 with Meteor issues

• 17-10-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

When browsing using 3G on Meteor I occasionally get "safari could not open the page because it could not connect to the server". This is with full 3G signal indication. I have just moved from o2 on the iPhone 4 where it never happened in 2 years unless I was genuinely out of signal.

It's getting very annoying, happens every 8th or 9th page. Never on wifi only 3G.

Anyone experienced similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Is probably related to the 3G issues others are reporting here also on Meteor and do get sometime simialr issue and after refresh working ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Where are you based?

I'm in Dublin and half the time I can't connect and the other half it's at miserable speeds. Emobile fobbed me off for a while:

must be your sim (changed it)
    must be your phone (tested multiple handsets)

Until I called business care by accident on Monday and they explained that they are doing repairs and upgrades on allot of antennas in Dublin and the ones that they are working on are having serious 3G issues.

Their solution was to turn off 3G and just go with 2G.

Thanks. for. that.

I won't be renewing my contract with emobile til they resolve this. It's a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

quarryman wrote: »
    When browsing using 3G on Meteor I occasionally get "safari could not open the page because it could not connect to the server". This is with full 3G signal indication. I have just moved from o2 on the iPhone 4 where it never happened in 2 years unless I was genuinely out of signal.

It's getting very annoying, happens every 8th or 9th page. Never on wifi only 3G.

Anyone experienced similar?

Its a bloody nuisance, I have same problem on iPhone 4s but it only started after iOS6 update so I'm presuming its a bug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quad_red wrote: »
    Where are you based?

I'm in Dublin and half the time I can't connect and the other half it's at miserable speeds. Emobile fobbed me off for a while:

must be your sim (changed it)
    must be your phone (tested multiple handsets)

Until I called business care by accident on Monday and they explained that they are doing repairs and upgrades on allot of antennas in Dublin and the ones that they are working on are having serious 3G issues.

Their solution was to turn off 3G and just go with 2G.

Thanks. for. that.

I won't be renewing my contract with emobile til they resolve this. It's a deal breaker for me.

Based in Dublin South.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

This took me 6-8 months to get resolved but it resulted in me sending back my 4s and now getting my contract cancelled.

its a network issue but meteor wont acknowledge it till every possible excuse has been used (sim card,phone etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I'm having the same issue with meteor. I can't stream Netflix rte player or any streaming apps. It's such a pain I came over from O2 and regret doing so now their network was great for doing all of the a above. I have wifi at home so only really effects me in my place of work which is Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Master P

Same here iPhone 4, meteors network just seems to be terrible (I’m with E-mobile). Have tried everything with them they just keep telling me it’s not their fault and it’s just where I live is an isolated problem. I live in Dublin 8 which I would assume would have good coverage. Was with Vodafone until I switched and am seriously regretting it. I am currently trying to get my contract cancelled and send phone back

Hey folks, what is involved in getting the contract cancelled? I don't want to sit through 6-8 months of back and forth with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sadly, I think it's nigh on impossible to get out of contract even if the service is a lump of sh*te.

Thankfully, I'm out of contract and giving my 30 days notice today. Have had enough.

Messed around with a Tesco mobile sim yesterday and even with O2 throttling their data speeds, they are way faster than emobile and infinitely more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭DK man

I have vodaphone broadband at home and is useless on my iPhone for wifi.. I've started switching of wifi and putting on my 3G

Anyone else have the same problem?

I was just on to vodaphone and they changed wireless channel but still no use..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

DK man wrote: »
    I have vodaphone broadband at home and is useless on my iPhone for wifi.. I've started switching of wifi and putting on my 3G

Anyone else have the same problem?

I was just on to vodaphone and they changed wireless channel but still no use..

This thread is about Meteor 3G problems not Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Preid84

I am with meteor on my iPhone 4, when I watch netflix on the bus in the morning, my coverage is perfect and netflix never freezes or stalls, but when I get the bus home in the evening my 3G shows 5 bars but netflix keeps stopping and kicking me out, Facebook is painfully slow. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

Called into Meteor. Said that "a replacement sim card fixes 90% of problems".

Well guess what, new sim card, still seeing problems. "Cannot connect to server" when I have FULL 3G signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

been having problems myself but only when in a bad signal area i find that when i go to make a call the call then drops and my phone doesnt have edge let alone 3g it then reappears a few seconds later, have also found the cant connect to server in similar areas. pain in the hole so it is.

im wondering if its meteors end or is it the phone ? i was in london bout 2weeks ago and found the phone being constantly out of signal but people on older iphones had signal something iv seen happen before while roaming myself

Advertisement