Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romeo & Jullietta No. 2 - Legit?

Options
  • 17-10-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I got some of the above in Havana - specifically La Bodega where Hemmingway used to drink his Mohitos apparently. They cost $2.80 each, but I noticed in other shops on the island they retailed at $5. I think there is a standard price across the board for all cigars so am wondering if they weren't genuine? They came in the tubes and I got the box too as there were only 10 left. Any chance they were genuine?

Also picked up 5 Cohiba Lanceros in a tobacconist in Havana. That's my Dad's Christmas present sorted :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you bought them in a tobacco shop them most likely to be real. If you bought then anywhere else they are most likely to be fakes.
    A good primer on spotting fakes here and here.
    You really should get a real R&J and compare them for looks, build quality, colour and then smoke.
    Then again I've been given some fakes (from well intentioned holiday makers) that smoked really nicely.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Thanks a lot

Advertisement