Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asus Infinity TF700 and Jelly Bean

• 17-10-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I just got an Asus Infinity TF700 and want to update it to Jelly Bean before I start installing apps etc, but I can't figure out how to get the update.

This is my first time using a tablet and Android, so not sure what I'm doing :). Did some searches on Google, but nothing useful yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? and if you've done the upgrade to JB did you see any problems on the infinity?

EDIT: I bought the tablet in the US. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I just got an Asus Infinity TF700 and want to update it to Jelly Bean before I start installing apps etc, but I can't figure out how to get the update.

This is my first time using a tablet and Android, so not sure what I'm doing :). Did some searches on Google, but nothing useful yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? and if you've done the upgrade to JB did you see any problems on the infinity?

EDIT: I bought the tablet in the US. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    Don't have my TF300 in front of me, but typically it's:
    Settings > About > Software Update.

Are you sure the update is available for the TF700? By the way, my TF300 is also a US model, so I get my updates in line with the US schedule, rather than the European/UK TF300 model firmware/software updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Hi Mizu,

Congratulations on your purchase!

The only difference between an American bought tablet and a European one is that you'll be running and updating the US Firmware and those bought in Europe run on the WW Firmware.

Usually when you connect your tab to WiFi it will tell you there's an update available and ask if you want to download, so there's a chance you may have JB out of the box. Fear not however I'll explain how to check what version is running and how to check for an update.

Checking your version:
    App list > Settings > About Tablet
    On the right hand side under "Android Version" it will say either: 4.0.1 or 4.1.1
    4.0.1 = Ice Cream Sandwich
    4.1.1 = JellyBean

To check for an update:
    On right hand side press "System Firmware Update"
    Top of screen press "Check Update"

Ta-Da!

Only issue I've had since JB update is that the keyboard dock isnt responsive all the time in every app. Asus have told us a firmware update will be released shortly to fix this problem.

Good luck with your update and enjoy the tab :)

EDIT: Funnily enough the Firmware update for TF700 was dropped today. Just installed it and it fixed the keyboard problem described above :)

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I got prompted on my TF300 when i turned it on, t came up in the right hand corne notification bar

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

PopnFresh wrote: »
    Hi Mizu,

Congratulations on your purchase!

The only difference between an American bought tablet and a European one is that you'll be running and updating the US Firmware and those bought in Europe run on the WW Firmware.

Usually when you connect your tab to WiFi it will tell you there's an update available and ask if you want to download, so there's a chance you may have JB out of the box. Fear not however I'll explain how to check what version is running and how to check for an update.

Checking your version:
    On the right hand side under "Android Version" it will say either: 4.0.1 or 4.1.1
    4.0.1 = Ice Cream Sandwich
    4.1.1 = JellyBean

To check for an update:
    On right hand side press "System Firmware Update"
    Top of screen press "Check Update"

Ta-Da!

Only issue I've had since JB update is that the keyboard dock isnt responsive all the time in every app. Asus have told us a firmware update will be released shortly to fix this problem.

Good luck with your update and enjoy the tab :)

EDIT: Funnily enough the Firmware update for TF700 was dropped today. Just installed it and it fixed the keyboard problem described above :)

Thanks for that I'll try it when I get home. I am almost sure that I checked the settings menu and saw it was on Android 4.0.?, but didn't see anything about how to check for updates. Battery ran out after that and I left it charging overnight.

One weird thing I noticed was Google Play. At first there was an icon for the Google play app on the home screen (the green robot), but when I selected it it said "app not installed". I did one reboot before the battery went dead and the icon changed to the white Google Play icon and I was able to select it and access the app store.

I didn't get teh keyboard dock, so don't need to worry about the responsiveness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Got the ugrade completed last night. There was a camera firmware upgrade shown first. After completing this I had to wait about 30 minutes for the Jelly Bean update to appear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement