Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on setting up a HE system

• 17-10-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A friend of mine is looking to set up a HE system in his house, and he asked me for some help as I'm a bit of a techie. I don't have a lot of experience in this area though, so I thought I'd ask the experts! :)

Anyhow, what he's basically looking for is as follows :

2 TVs, each in a different room.
    Wireless speakers in both rooms, and maybe other rooms as well
    All of his music/pics/videos sitting on a PC or network drive.
    The ability to play his music over any/all of the speakers, and view his pics/vidoes on either TV, and watch the TV in either room, with the sound coming out of the wireless speakers. Possibly also the ability to surf the Internet on the TVs.

He currently has a PC (which is fairly old), a 2Tb Wireless Network Hard Disk with his music on it (mainly in iTunes) and one TV (connected to Sky). He has Vodafone Broadband over his Landline with a Wireless Router.

He has been looking at Sonos about their Wireless setup, but really has no idea if that's the best way to go or not.

So, I know that's very general, with not a lot of details, but could anyone point us in the right direction here? What would a 'standard' system, that could do all that, look like? What equipment would be needed etc?

Thanks...

J.

Advertisement