Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Flaps

• 17-10-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All,

I got a cat recently. There is all manner of cat flaps available online. For example

Cat Flaps

I am just wondering if anyone knows of a fitting service for cat flaps. I have a PVC back door with two panes of glass. I've sent an e-mail to the above and I am just wondering if anyone else has had one fitted and could maybe recommend someone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Where are you located? I just had one fitted to a window and the guy did a very neat job. I'm in Cork. If you're getting it fitted to the pane of glass then that will need to be replaced - my guy brought the pane to a place that does windows and they made up a new one with the catflap inserted into it. If it's just into the PVC it can probably just be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭twibbles

Where are you located? I just had one fitted to a window and the guy did a very neat job. I'm in Cork. If you're getting it fitted to the pane of glass then that will need to be replaced - my guy brought the pane to a place that does windows and they made up a new one with the catflap inserted into it. If it's just into the PVC it can probably just be cut.

Thanks for your reply. The door frame is PVC and there are two glass panels. One up and one down. I was thinking that I'd have to get the lower panel replaced. It's good to know that this is possible. I am based in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Your best bet might be to ring a few window and door places and see if they can either fit it or put you in touch with a contractor who can. The guy who did it for me says he does loads of them and he's a general builder/handyman, so I'd say you won't have any trouble finding someone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭twibbles

Your best bet might be to ring a few window and door places and see if they can either fit it or put you in touch with a contractor who can. The guy who did it for me says he does loads of them and he's a general builder/handyman, so I'd say you won't have any trouble finding someone. :)

OK. Thanks again. I'll ring around. I thought that it would have been a fairly uncommon request but obviously not :)

Advertisement