Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Orders to overseas accounts under €3,000

Options
  • 17-10-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I need to get information on the changes to standing orders under €3,000 going to overseas accounts. I've heard that this will now have to be done via Banking 365.

I believe there are signs in branch but can anyone direct me to the notice online as I'm looking into it for an elderly relative who doesn't do online banking and is panicing about a standing order that's been in place for years and is for under €3,000 and has been told it can't be done anymore.

I have searched the BoI website but can't find anything, any links would be appreciated.

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi datk,

Thanks for your query. Just to clarify, it will be interpays under 3000 that will not be able to be completed in branch and need to be done online. Standing orders cannot be set up to an international account. Can you please clarify where the Standing Order in question is going to? If it is set up to go to a domestic account, it won't be affected by the changes.

At the moment there aren't any notifications on our website that I can link you to. However, if your relative contacts the branch in question they should be able to go through the options that are available to him/her.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Hi Pat

The money is going from a personal account in Ireland to a personal account in Germany. The standing order has been in place for years and ideally he would like it to continue.

He was talking to someone in customer service and is under the impression that it would have to change and banking 365 was mentioned but he's in his 80's and isn't able/interested to go down that line. He could of course have picked things up wrong.

Thanks for your help with this

D

Advertisement