Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once the Musical, coming to the Gaiety 2013

• 17-10-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Got an email this morning to say that Once is coming from 22/02-09/03 2013 to the Gaiety. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

I've had the soundtrack for a while and not mad about it but will probably go to see why it won all the Tony awards.

Between this and the shows coming to the Grand Canal it looks like a great year for musicals, now to win the lotto to be able to afford to go to see them all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Is there any word on who's going to be in it, or if it's the same production basically as in New York etc? I couldn't find much on my cursory google search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Don't think the cast has been announced yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The show is opening in London later in the Spring so I guess they're going to use Ireland as almost a workshop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Yeah, the Irish run will I think be like a dress run/workshop, I'm not too sure what to make of it. The Americans love this kind of stuff hence all the Tony awards. I saw them perform a number from it on this year's Tonys and found it a bit cringeworthy and very stereotypical Oirish.
    Might go see it in the Gaiety out of curiosity, am not decided yet.

• Advertisement

Ticket prices are €49.50 (€39.50 for mid-week matinees) before booking fees are added on. Too expensive for something I would like to see but can live without seeing it, though if they start doing any offers to get rid of seats I might go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

Just back from it, and it is really fantastic!

It's actually cheaper to go see this in the west end. Top price for previews is reduced to £39.99 now, compared to €50 (around £43) in Dublin!
    Should be plenty of reduced price tickets on the day too, doesn't seem to be selling as well as hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

pinkbear wrote: »
    Just back from it, and it is really fantastic!

I was there last night too :P

I bought the tickets really not knowing anything about it so didn't know what to expect at all. But I really enjoyed it! Very strong vocals from the two main characters and lovely music. It felt more 'a play with music' as opposed to a pure musical if that makes sense? I liked it :)

(still very overpriced... but sure isn't everything...)

Advertisement