Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disagraceful closure of threads in motors

Options
  • 17-10-2012 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

I don't see why the topics of the truck drivers keep getting closed, if it was boy-racers it's perfectly ok to leave them open. But because they are truckers and have company livery on them we cannot discuss there idiotic driving.

If anything the threads should be sticked to name and shame that company, get something done about the driving of so called professionals.

Again it's perfectly fine to leave threads open when there boy racers or travelers on horses, but to close them due to branding of a big company on the side of them.

It is not a case of free speech or anything like it, but been equal to the other threads which are exactly the same, the traveler one with the horses is the exact same except these guys are in trucks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The Mods/ CMods/ Admins/ Community Manager are talking about it now, we just ask for a teenchie bit of patience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Like I said in the thread, there was no defamatory content in the 2 threads started this morning. Boards.ie should not be silenced by baseless legal threats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

g'em wrote: »
    The Mods/ CMods/ Admins/ Community Manager are talking about it now, we just ask for a teenchie bit of patience :)

That's fine, but again, closing it in the first place while leaving similar topics open is very unbalanced. If there is a legal reason come out and say it.

BTW if the topic wasn't started on this site the chances are they will continue driving like so until they kill someone. So I think it was good for the person to start the topic in the first place, closing topics like these is counter productive as people will not bother bringing such videos to the attention of the public and the people who do these reckless acts will continue getting away it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Like I said in the thread, there was no defamatory content in the 2 threads started this morning. Boards.ie should not be silenced by baseless legal threats.

I agree, if you go out drive like a moron, record it on your phone and then post it on a public website (youtube) then your asking for big trouble (the driving in the first place was asking for trouble).

But if there is a legal issue fine, boards.ie is a private company and I understand you must take the companies interests first, just the unbalance is what annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

msg11 wrote: »
    I agree, if you go out drive like a moron, record it on your phone and then post it on a public website (youtube) then your asking for big trouble (the driving in the first place was asking for trouble).

But if there is a legal issue fine, boards.ie is a private company and I understand you must take the companies interests first, just the unbalance is what annoys me.

There were legal issues involved in the thread last night because a company who had no part in the dangerous driving was implicated. However, I can tell you that there were no legal issues in the threads this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

msg11 wrote: »
    That's fine, but again, closing it in the first place while leaving similar topics open is very unbalanced. If there is a legal reason come out and say it.

This is one of those times when you have to trust that the Mods are doing the best for the site and the users. There's no harm in threads being closed and/ or deleted to err on the side of caution so that we can figure out what can and can't be said. There is no freedom of speech here and we're are reminded on a daily basis how there is potential for boards.ie to be held liable for what is said by its users.

So we ask for patience and a touch of understanding while the Mods et al. do what needs doing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement