Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Qualifier for the European finals 20th oct

Options
  • 17-10-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Gamestop are holding the qualifier for the European Tekken Tag Tournament 2 finals this saturday in Gamestop, on henry street.

Entry is Free and first prize is a trip to paris for the finals plus cash and some other goodies. I could not find any offical starting time, but i heard it was 12 o clock so i would suggest getting there between 10am and 11am to sign up and get some practice in.

myself, stevo, ladnopoka, cobelcog and spiderfiles have already qualified and are going to be in paris that weekend for the finals, so it would be pretty sick to have somebody else from the community join us.

I took this straight from the facebook page.

Irish Tekken fans can get ready for the battle as Gamestop (Dublin's Henry Street Store) are running their Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tournament on October 20th. Those wanting to take part can sign up in store and the winner will be representing Ireland in the European finals (with travel and accommodation included) and will also be taking home some exclusive Tekken merchandise from Insert Coin Clothing, a fight stick from MadCatz and the limited Yoshimitsu Kotobukiya figure!

431645_10151179205187978_1293285668_n.jpg

Also in future our scene needs to be exposed a bit more, because really this gamestop tournament should have been organised by us, the fact that namco didn`t even know about us to ask us to run it is a bad thing, i actually got contacted the other day about organising and promoting this but it was too late by then, so i think a strategy plan for our community needs to be set in motion to give our scene more exposure so that when things happen in ireland we are in the middle of it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I would like to go to this but it is a bit short notice, they should of done a better job of promoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think they announced and cancelled it three times prior to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only things holding me back from traveling (and, by extension, training harder to compete well at non-Dublin tourneys) are a constant lack of money, and college kicking my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I feel like I might be going off topic, but I'm going to this tournament.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm doing some maintenance on threads so the actual discussion of the tournament can continue unimpeded here.

Bear with me!

• Advertisement

I just got off the phone with gamestop and they said that it is definitely on.
    I told them I would be there so they took down my name and told me to be there around 11:30.
    For the people who are going I would advise you to do the same because they want to know how many people they are going to have.

Gamestop on Hebry St is quite cramped at the best of times. This might end up like the old XGC tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

It's kind of annoying actually, because you have to stand off to the side of the counter so that they can still serve people, so you're at an awkward angle. Plus staff used to keep walking in front of me while I was playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

bump! This is tomorrow, i hope to see you guys there :)))

Are you entering Chunkis? Didn't realise you had picked the game up!

• Advertisement

So anyone at this yet? What's the craic with it?

So anyone at this yet? What's the craic with it?
    Fairly good turnout, good craic overall.

GGs to all I played today, I hope I represent ye well in Paris!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Gwan Kuro

I had a really great time at this today it wasn't that well run of a tournament but i still had fun talking and playing with everyone.
    I will definitely come down to more tournaments and casuals in the future

What was so bad about it?

What was so bad about it?

It was first to 5 rounds in a one game single elimination tournament.
    I'm not going mad at gamestop or anything because they are not tournament organizers but they could of at least had a better format than that.

Allowed use your own controller or was it on a demo pod?

Did nobody suggest a better format to them? Maybe tell them that 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games is the tournament standard for Tekken.

Allowed use your own controller or was it on a demo pod?

Did nobody suggest a better format to them? Maybe tell them that 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games is the tournament standard for Tekken.

There were sticks and controllers provided or you could use your own.

There was a bit of discussion about the format but the way I see it is that it is their tournament so they can run it however they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Yeah the tournament was alright, lots of potential for the future, well done to everybody who came down and placed, congrats to kuro, see you in Paris :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Fairly good turnout, good craic overall.

GGs to all I played today, I hope I represent ye well in Paris!

Don't **** up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ACIDm

Good luck in Paris:))

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Sounds like it was a bit of an unforgiving format.
    Still, really wished i could have been there! :(

Best of luck Kuro!

P.S.
    I'll buy ya a pint if ya pull out Hwo for one of the games over there! ;)

Did any of the Tekken guys who used to show up to XGC go to the tournament or are they still "too good" to play with others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Did any of the Tekken guys who used to show up to XGC go to the tournament or are they still "too good" to play with others?

daaaaaamn,shots fired lol

also well done kuro :)

Nah, they're still dodging. Local heroes will be. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any threads on TZ about this? :pac:

Why bother. I posted there so many times about any tournaments we held and either got no responses or one response from one of the guys claiming nobody is good enough.

Why bother. I posted there so many times about any tournaments we held and either got no responses or one response from one of the guys claiming nobody is good enough.
    I agree with Chopper on this one. If they really gave half a crap they'd come looking for us, or host something themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm ready to body half of those who claim to be too good for us..bring it plz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm ready to body half of those who claim to be too good for us..bring it plz

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Advertisement