Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stinky Breath!

• 17-10-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

The dogs breath is stinking! Anyone recommend a solution? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What do you feed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Puppy pellets I get from the pet shop. Shes been on it a while but only noticed her breath bad today.

Yeah but what brand. That can have a huge affect on their breath, depending on the quality of the food.

Royal Canin

Do you give any treats as well? A dogs breath doesnt smell great anyway, you sure its not just dogs breath? Is there anything stuck in its teeth or gums that could be causing a bad smell?

• Advertisement

Nothing that I can see andrea. She gets 2 bonios a day

Ah right ok, not sure then what could be causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

might be something to do with the gums..in that case I'd go vet to get it checked out.

As a test for a couple of days you could try some chicken and rice. I notice when I feed my two on a home made diet theyre full of beans and poos and breath are good.

If you're still concerned then as I said, I think best to get it checked out for your own peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭fits

Does she have very red gums around where they meet the teeth? Might be no harm to get the vet to have a look at her?

• Advertisement

Her gums are fine. She is due to lose her baby teeth, would it have anything to do with that?

Will get her into the vet asap

Advertisement