Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunboyne Skatepark victim of ANOTHER arson attack

• 17-10-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

This is a couple of days old but seriously, WTF is wrong with some people?

The community of Dunboyne suffered a blow recently as their skateboard park was severely damaged by vandals just one day after being reopened following an arson attack last May.

The state-of-the art €70,000 facility had been reopened after Meath County Council spent €1,000 importing replacement boarding from Holland after vandals set a section of flooring alight. After an entire summer without the park, the community was delighted to have the opportunity to use it again only to find it completely burnt through the following day.

Local councillor Noel Leonard is offering a reward to "find the culprits responsible for this sickening attack on something that has given the children in the area so much pleasure." This statement came shortly after Mr Leonard was visited by a group of children offering their pocket money to have the park repaired.

http://www.yourforum.ie/dunboyne/roundup/articles/2012/10/15/4012738-dunboyne-skate-park-vandalismbr/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

finally
    we can start killing off all the emos and rockers now

although they will probably be replaced by ravers with their mad yellow plastic glasses and illuminious tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I actually hope massive amounts of hurt and pain come to the cnuts who burnt it, not quite death, but a few broken arms and maybe a burnt face. What cnuts.
    saiint wrote: »
    finally

Most skaters would fall under the guise of punk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some young people are just pricks,they don't care about how their vandalism affects other people.
    I've seen first hand where some bollix rubbed dogshit along a kids slide in our local park.
    Facilities are scarce enough for kids then we have a minority who wreck them,bet their parents were the very ones whining that there's nothing for their little darlings to do.

I actually hope massive amounts of hurt and pain come to the cnuts who burnt it, not quite death, but a few broken arms and maybe a burnt face. What cnuts.

have you been to temple bar lately?

Yes, just last week. What is your point?

• Advertisement

Yes, just last week. What is your point?

see first post ....

edit* never mind your from cork , dubs people will know what im on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Fecking miserable and worthless cvnts is all these little bastards are who did this.

I hope they get caught out and given a severe punishment for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

see first post ....

edit* never mind your from cork , dubs people will know what im on about

To be fair, I think skateboarders and their bmx-riding counterparts are displaying increasingly diverse styles.. Rockers v Ravers doesn't really apply any more

plys wrote: »
    To be fair, I think skateboarders and their bmx-riding counterparts are displaying increasingly diverse styles.. Rockers v Ravers doesn't really apply any more

nope they dont anymore
    cause we killing them off
    slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

nope they dont anymore
    slowly but surely

You is so street yo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

How the hell is a skatepark a victim? Has it been to see a shrink to talk about its problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

nope they dont anymore
    slowly but surely

Are you yeah?

:rolleyes:

And how are you doing that? Making them listen to Coldplay is it? Make them all learn off The Script lyrics and listen to FM104 with you?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Are you yeah?

:rolleyes:

And how are you doing that? Making them listen to Coldplay is it? Make them all learn off The Script lyrics and listen to FM104 with you?

no making them listen to nice owl classical music
    makes their ears bleed:P

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

no making them listen to nice owl classical music
    makes their ears bleed:P

owl classical music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

That's terrible, I hate mindless vandalism against decent facilities like this. Teens have **** all to do, so stuff like this is a great idea. Otherwise the boredom can end up leading to little shíts hanging around outside the shops asking randomers to buy them beer or smokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

finally

although they will probably be replaced by ravers with their mad yellow plastic glasses and illuminious tops

Could you define "rockers" please?

That's terrible, I hate mindless vandalism against decent facilities like this. Teens have **** all to do, so stuff like this is a great idea. Otherwise the boredom can end up leading to little shíts hanging around outside the shops asking randomers to buy them beer or smokes...

you should say ya
    because if they give you 20e
    and want smokes
    go in get them smokes
    and keep the change :D
    or if ya want do a runner haha

you should say ya
    because if they give you 20e
    and want smokes
    go in get them smokes
    and keep the change :D
    or if ya want do a runner haha

I think you need to see someone about all the disparate thoughts that you just can't help expressing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Do you still get battered in Dublin for having a skateboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

How do you set fire to a skatepark?

Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_BKKnHgas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Saiint needs to stop watching Quadrophenia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Suspect was seen skating from the scene wearing an orange tee-shirt and blue shorts and was heard to have uttered the phrase "eat my shorts" upon departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We played a match in Ballymun last year. In the part that was all done up and turned in to houses after the flats were torn down. Just behind the pitch is a playground that was put in as part of the regeneration. At 11 on a Saturday morning there were kids messing at a fire in the middle of the playground. The whole thing was in bits.

Councils should stop spending money on these things if the locals are destroying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Completely untrue. Most skateboarders are just average lads nowadays. That said, most "punks" would skateboard (but they're just posers :D )
    plys wrote: »

+1
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Do you still get battered in Dublin for having a skateboard?

Probably, but only because they're scumbags and a decent skateboard is worth about €150-250
    We played a match in Ballymun last year. In the part that was all done up and turned in to houses after the flats were torn down. Just behind the pitch is a playground that was put in as part of the regeneration. At 11 on a Saturday morning there were kids messing at a fire in the middle of the playground. The whole thing was in bits.

Councils should stop spending money on these things if the locals are destroying them.

It's not "locals" doing this, just scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Here's a wild and off-beat idea - make the whole feckin thing out of concrete, delete the "lets use wood for bits of it" option box and hey-presto, a skatepark that is arson proof and only needs powerwashing every so often.... Like every other skatepark out there. Wood, pfft, whose great idea was that? BTW, yes I've been there and yes my kids liked using it.

Pottler wrote: »
    Here's a wild and off-beat idea - make the whole feckin thing out of concrete, delete the "lets use wood for bits of it" option box and hey-presto, a skatepark that is arson proof and only needs powerwashing every so often.... Like every other skatepark out there. Wood, pfft, whose great idea was that? BTW, yes I've been there and yes my kids liked using it.

Probably something to do with insurance. Personally, I much prefer falling onto the wood/plastic than concrete slab. :D

Daniel S wrote: »
    Probably something to do with insurance. Personally, I much prefer falling onto the wood/plastic than concrete slab. :D
    No, the one in Bushy park is all concrete and works just fine. As are all the other ones I've ever seen. The reason they use concrete is otherwise it woodent last.

Pottler wrote: »
    No, the one in Bushy park is all concrete and works just fine. As are all the other ones I've ever seen. The reason they use concrete is otherwise it woodent last.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22263455.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

This statement came shortly after Mr Leonard was visited by a group of children offering their pocket money to have the park repaired.

Ah bless!

• Advertisement

Ah bless!
    Indeed! How generous and giving. naive fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Wooden skateparks are great but they only work indoors in Ireland with a fair bit of maintenance. Plastic ramp skateparks are crap and are likely to get burnt or warped over time if outdoor.
    Really, for an outdoor park you just can't beat a good concrete park. You'd be surprised at how little it actually hurts once you learn how to take a fall.

Also, as said, skaters these days come from every background and generally aren't punks and emos. You'd actually find most of them are into electro and the likes.
    Keep up to date, it's 2012, not 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

zerks wrote: »
    Some young people are just pricks,they don't care about how their vandalism affects other people.
    I've seen first hand where some bollix rubbed dogshit along a kids slide in our local park.
    Facilities are scarce enough for kids then we have a minority who wreck them,bet their parents were the very ones whining that there's nothing for their little darlings to do.

Why do you assume a young person did it ?

Seems to me it could just a likely be some old person who doesn't approve of skate-boarding in the area. There is quite alot of presumptions made by some people about skateboarders

CianRyan wrote: »
    Wooden skateparks are great but they only work indoors in Ireland with a fair bit of maintenance. Plastic ramp skateparks are crap and are likely to get burnt or warped over time if outdoor.
    Really, for an outdoor park you just can't beat a good concrete park. You'd be surprised at how little it actually hurts once you learn how to take a fall.

Also, as said, skaters these days come from every background and generally aren't punks and emos. You'd actually find most of them are into electro and the likes.
    Keep up to date, it's 2012, not 2002.

Skating for about 7 years, pretty sure I know how to take a fall! :pac:

About to stop skating though, I can stand the abuse from scobes alright, but it's just not fun anymore when you have to worry about them. Skateboards seem to attract them for some reason. :rolleyes:

+1 on that. Sure I'm into house/dubstep/DnB/electro/metal/rock/pop everything! I'm doing engineering in a university and I dress like a normal student. The idea of all skaters are emo/metalheads should be long gone at this stage.

We campaigned for a concrete park in Ennis, we ended up with a SkateWave modular one (which is my favourite modular skatepark brand) which has had ramps burned down at least twice iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah I wasn't directing that at you, a collective you really. :)
    I've never had trouble from people when I'm skating, old fart and power crazed security guards yeah but not scumbags.
    Saying that, I haven't been into conventional for about two years. I've gotten into long boarding and more recently I got a Penny Board. If you're looking for another style to get into this the most fun I've had on a skateboard ever, plus they're small enough to throw in a bag or what ever when you're in college or around town. :)

To be fair, I'm into metal but I wouldn't call myself a metal head. I'm just a normal guy really, into folk and country me than anything, don't know how many skaters are into that. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I agree, most skaters are tourists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kowloon wrote: »
    I agree, most skaters are tourists.

Well more specifically most skaters are middle aged English women with L stickers on their backs and giant fake penises on their heads!!!

Who knew ? :eek:

Advertisement