Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision card ? a question

Options
  • 17-10-2012 1:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

going to get an xtra vision card for the first time

basicly i know i have to bring my photo id and a bill proof of address

but what happens then? i heard they give you an application thing to fill out
    and hand it back in ? can you get a card straight away in the one day? or does it take a few days
    need to know this
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,869 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Straight away although previously there were a couple of restrictions as to what you could rent initially, maybe one dvd at a time and perhaps no game rentals for a couple months to see you don't do a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You'll also need a time machine to take you back to an era when there was any point renting dvds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Straight away although previously there were a couple of restrictions as to what you could rent initially, maybe one dvd at a time and perhaps no game rentals for a couple months to see you don't do a runner.

I doubt they're in a position to impose those restrictions these days, I'd say they're getting ever more desperate for business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

griffdaddy wrote: »
    You'll also need a time machine to take you back to an era when there was any point renting dvds

i feel the same way
    girlfriend wants me to waste me money on renting for a night cause she doesnt like watching movies on the pc, cause their low quality
    someone say whipped? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

saiint wrote: »
    i feel the same way
    girlfriend wants me to waste me money on renting for a night cause she doesnt like watching movies on the pc, cause their low quality

<SNIP>

Small files and great quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i feel the same way

if your watching them on the computer its amateur hour for you my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

i feel the same way

I've a HTPC I built with HD Satellite piped through Windows Media Center, so I use that for everything, the wife just pushes Watch tv on the remote and everything turns on. EPG Guide just like Sky, Series record etc and then when shes done she just pushes OFF on the remote.

Although my LG Surround system does play 1080p xvid directly from a USB Disk also, outputs the 5.1 stream also :)

With Women anything that involves a mouse, a keyboard or a VGA Cable, its usually game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Or if you are set on having the physical disc you could join Screenclick.com at least then you don't have to worry about returning them on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i feel the same way
    I know how you feel. If it wasn't for naiive women and children dvds and cds would be completely killed off by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread is gone off-topic, therefore I am closing it.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement