Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vox Amp Question

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,

I've an old Vox amp that I bought second hand. It was supplied with a footswitch but without the stereo cable to connect it to the amp. It appears that the overdrive function on the amp is turned on. I have no need for the effects on the amp (overdrive, reverb) so I'm wondering is there a simple way of turning the effect off without having to buy a new lead??

Many thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mark89

Have you tried to google the model and see if you can get a user manual? What model is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

Try sticking a patch cable in the footswitch jack on the amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Kudos to you Zafo! And a huge thank you! I can't believe it, stuck a patch cable in the footswitch jack and the amp transformed!! I'm very impressed and very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

Cool! I didn't know the model to be certain of it but generally with a stereo cable your connecting the ring and sleeve same as the battery saver on effects pedals.

Advertisement