Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

withdrawal in Argentina

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi. My boyfriend and I are currently holidaying in Argentina. Both of us bank with BoI and both of us use visa debit. On the first day we were here both of us withdrew cash from an Atm ( santander). Since then neither of us have been able to withdraw cash. As you can imagine this is inconvenient. We have tried a number of atms ( santander, citi, Galicia). We have money in our accounts. Can you please advise what we need to do to access our money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi deedless,

To have this issue looked into, you'll need to contact your account holding branch or Banking365 directly.

You can find the contact details for your branch here, or alternatively you can ring Banking365 from abroad on 00353 1 404 4000 and a representative will be happy to investigate for you.

Their telephone hours of operation (GMT) are:
    08:00 to Midnight (Monday to Friday)
    09:00 to 18:00 (Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays)

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Hi Pat,

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's not an issue specific to my account. My boyfriend also tried a Bank of Ireland Visa credit card, with the same result. So, we have tried 3 cards on 3 separate accounts and none will work. A bank of ireland Mastercard worked fine. Can you check if there is a general issue with Bank of Ireland/Visa in Argentina?

Regards,

Deedless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi deedless,

There should be no issue with using a Visa debit or credit card in Argentina. You or your boyfriend will need to contact Banking 365 to get this issue looked into for you specifically.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement