Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

Does anyone ever team train jumping?

Normally i leave the 4 slots on Attack, Defence, .... the important ones, but i had a scan through my team the other day and noticed every player outside of the obvious locks and fullbacks could be have their jumping significantly improved.

I seem to remember jumping is more important to the ME now so is it worth it or i should i stick to the obvious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

corny wrote: »
    Does anyone ever team train jumping?

Normally i leave the 4 slots on Attack, Defence, .... the important ones, but i had a scan through my team the other day and noticed every player outside of the obvious locks and fullbacks could be have their jumping significantly improved.

I seem to remember jumping is more important to the ME now so is it worth it or i should i stick to the obvious.

In terms of getting the best return from your limited team sessions, I'm not sure how much value you'll get out of jumping. AFAIK it's only useful against garryowens, and how many of those do you see in a match? I'd imagine that session is better spent on a stat that gets checked all the time like stamina, technique or strength.

Of course there's always the danger that you meet a team that kicks loads of garryowens, but who's would do a thing like that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

So now we all know how to beat Corny. Tasty.

I tend to work with stamina, attack, defense and then a rotating 4th skill. I'll even throw kicking into the mix on occasion. It's surprising how many pops are waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    So now we all know how to beat Corny. Tasty.

I tend to work with stamina, attack, defense and then a rotating 4th skill. I'll even throw kicking into the mix on occasion. It's surprising how many pops are waiting to happen.

I'm gonna put my second row at 15 when i play you.;)

I operate pretty much the same system in rotating the 4th skill. Never really train agility.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

was only rethinking team training lately.. what skills would be most important for finishing off linebreaks? speed, attack, agility? seems like i get plenty of LBs but never go the whole way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

speed to finish, agility and strength supposidly make them and attack i suppose

• Advertisement
Advertisement