Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put whites in a colour wash

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello,

Long story short, I, in my hungover state, threw my shining white top and favourite cream blouse in with all my colourdy towels, etc. on Sunday. They are now a crappy grey colour. I've tried steeping them in Vanish Oxi-Action (Mammys recommendation) twice and thrown them into the wash again with a Punch Colour Run Removal pouch, but neither have helped. They're pretty much the same (tear).

Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to get it out??
    If not, can anyone give me guidance on how to bleach clothes back white? The blouse has a pattern in the collar, so it can't be saved.. But the top is all white (45% cotton, 55% polyester)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

A woman I work with has the WHITEST blouses I've ever seen. She recommends washing them only in Daz with some Vanish Crystal White powder. It's worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

you could try get Dylon or something similar and colour the top back to white. You should be able to pick it up in chemists or even Tesco's.
    you can get ones that you put in the machine now too so very easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

You can't really ever get clothes that have been dyed by mistake in the washing machine back to their original colour. It's a pain in the ass.

Also, polyester is one of the most difficult fabrics to wash so you need to really, really always check the care label.

I'm not sure your clothes are salvageable to be honest. Lost cause. Treat yourself to a new replacement, only answer.

Advertisement