Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S ice creams

Options
  • 17-10-2012 3:05pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the new (well new to me) ice cream range in M&S? A friend was telling me about their Peanut Butter ice cream - I love PB so I had to try it but when I was in the shop, spotted some other fairly delicious-sounding flavours - Blueberry Cheesecake and Caramel Crunch. It seems like they also have a Toffee Popcorn flavour!

All I can say is that the Peanut Butter one was divine - it was €5.79 for the tub I think. Bit expensive for me but I had gone in specifically for the ice cream so I had to get it :D

I found a link to the flavours here.

Has anyone tried the other flavours? Would you recommend them? Otherwise I'll be back for Peanut Butter :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Haven't had them, people spoke of a tesco own brand peanut butter one which was meant to be good. Its a tesco "semi-phantom brand" called Chokablok, i.e. it is not blatantly labelled as tesco, they try and pass it off as a new brand, but it is not fully hidden as tesco is mentioned somewhere on it I think.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Must keep an eye out for that too and give it a try, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Avoid Chokablok! I've tried three of the flavours (there's about 6 or 7) and without fail they were each bad. There's a real fake, almost chemical taste to the ice cream. Same with all the bits that are added in. It's such a pity as every flavour sounds so tempting and the descriptions read really well... but the actual products just taste as if each and every ingredient is pure cheap crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i haven't try them, ill try it next time. thanks!

Advertisement