Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side in Delta

• 17-10-2012 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Would there be anyone interested in organising a boards game weekly in Delta. I know we fell short the last time we had it going, but there might be a bit more interest this time around. I would have one or two lads interested in playing too.

Post here if you've any interest in playing and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭CONSI

Would depend on the night and time but I'd be in for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

CONSI wrote: »
    Would depend on the night and time but I'd be in for it
    I should have put that in the original post, will people post what day and time would suit best too? The last time we played, it was Monday and that worked ok for the short length of time we were playing. I'm free most nights during the week anyway. We can take a majority vote on what night would suit best.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭CONSI

I'd be free Mon-Wed but would need to be after 7 or 8 for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

Would be up for this...Could get two others to play aswell id say....Mondays would be good, 8pm if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Interested.

Monday after 8pm would be ideal., but 7-8 is doable.

• Advertisement

Hi lads,

Will I book Monday 8-9? I've a couple interested in playing so we should be able to pull the numbers together for Monday. PM your phone number and I'll set up a group text to organise it. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Culleeo wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Will I book Monday 8-9? I've a couple interested in playing so we should be able to pull the numbers together for Monday. PM your phone number and I'll set up a group text to organise it. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

As someone who was involved in organising a similar game in delta via boards, trust me... You'll be pushed to get ten for this coming Monday. But I'll happily stand corrected.

I'd be interested too. We have a game going Thursday at 8 in Clonlara gym and are always looking for new recruits. Barely made the ten for tonight. PM me if interested in this Thursday game! Thanks.

Just an update lads. The only available spot in Delta is 9-10 on Tuesday. I've booked it for this Tuesday. I have eight names so far, if anyone else is interested, let me know. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

how serious a game is this going to be? might be interested if it's only for a bit of fun but not sure i'd be bothered with a serious game

mossym wrote: »
    how serious a game is this going to be? might be interested if it's only for a bit of fun but not sure i'd be bothered with a serious game

Hey mossym. It's only for a bit of fun. Just getting a bit of exercise more than anything. Definitely not serious anyway. Nothing worse than playing a game and someone starts mouthing off if you miss a chance etc. PM your number if you want and I'll add you to the group text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'd be up for it aswell if there is still a place available....I might be able to get another one or two lads also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Culleeo wrote: »
    Just an update lads. The only available spot in Delta is 9-10 on Tuesday. I've booked it for this Tuesday. I have eight names so far, if anyone else is interested, let me know. Thanks.

Hi Culleeo
    Can you post a list of names here? Just want to know who's confirmed and if you're counting people who've expressed interest (like myself) above? I'll be playing from 7-8 in Delta on Tuesday anyway so 9-10 doesn't really suit, sorry.

Confirmed from boards is:

1) Culleeo
    2) Consi
    3) Pagorey
    4) OnlyGotOneSong
    5) kojack

The other five players for this Tuesday are friends of mine or friends of the people mentioned above. Alan, I can put you on standby for this week, will you PM your phone number? If anyone else is interested, PM your number. I will send out a group text every Monday and the first nine people to reply will play that Tuesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

i would defo be up for a game!

Just bumping this so it doesn't get lost.

We had a good friendly game Tuesday, was a good run out, if anyone is interested in this Tuesday, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll add you to the group text. As before, the first 9 replies to the text will play that game.

Bump once again.

We had another good game on Tuesday. I have about 13 names at the moment so if anyone else is interested, let me know. From past experience, I need at least 15 names to keep the game going on a consistent basis.

Just an overview of the game, there are no superstars playing, it's a friendly game, age group is around mid twenties to mid thirties, only one or two really fit lads, the rest of us struggle to say the least. All in all, it's a good game and anyone interested, is more than welcome to a game.

Just bumping this instead of starting a new thread.

If anyone is interested in joining this game, let me know. Numbers have dropped off a bit since the turn of the New Year.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 damo003

hey, if the game is still going and ye looking for numbers, I'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hopefully they are not playing the same game 4 years later, they'd be knackered by now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 damo003

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hopefully they are not playing the same game 4 years later, they'd be knackered by now. :D

haha I wonder what the score is :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement