Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Well that was a holiday and a half. Had a brilliant time, congrats to all Irish competitors, especially Fergus and his Top8! I think Ireland did itself very proud, we played well and made some really important friends over there this year, now we have to capitalise on that this coming year. Also €3 750ml bottles of desperados is Gdlk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Force_Edge

So how many people are gonna play vergil now?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

More like how many voomerangs could a Joe chip with if a Joe could throw chipping voomerangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

SOme pics to start us off, more to come. This is mostly the SF 5v5.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151634905883054.1073741825.537088053&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2 buMf00d

Was nice meeting you all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Few great photos here.

Here's team Japan as I drop tatsu DP to kill the Rose.. They seemed to be rooting for us to do well.

578557_559701244053465_1400479791_n.jpg

And here's Doom in utter shock at AJ's play vs Itabashi Zangief.

... and a very happy Lee and Harley Quinn in the back

601488_559701550720101_1915941166_n.jpg

Watching that 5v5 was just amazing. They were fools not to record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Lythero wrote: »
    Watching that 5v5 was just amazing. They were fools not to record it.

It is recorded. I was talking to them over email, they said it should be up later this week. vsftv.com

Yesssss.

I didn't want you guys having to made due with my crappy Phone recording. Even if it included Harley Quinn hitting Dieminion out of the way of the screens with her bat.

Yesssss.

I didn't want you guys having to made due with my crappy Phone recording. Even if it included Harley Quinn hitting Dieminion out of the way of the screens with her bat.

Lol was it not Alioune in the way? You guys are so racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

Hey guys! Nothing like a mild form of alcohol poisoning to put things into perspective! lol A MASSIVE thank you to the everyone on the Cannes trip for helping me out and allowing me to participate! You guys, the new peeps I got to know (French, British & American) plus the life of Tod (lol) made my first official postgrad research trip one to truly remember!

Some of the highlights of my data-gathering / fact-finding endeavor :P A one-to-one interview with Kuramu Tengu in the press lounge at the venue, unrestricted access to the venue AND any access to any players he knew! Soooo helpful!! Needless to say I was a bit star struck and felt all reporter like! A one-to one interview with Dieminon in our hotel room, which lasted nearly 2 hours! I couldn't believe he wanted to just chill and talk... I was a bit star struck! That's going to be some transcription! lol And WorstGiefEver kindly let me chill by his side at the streaming desk so that I could watch and listen in on all the matches and live commentary! Pretty awesome I have to say. Hoping next year we can big-up Ireland and get some Irish commentators on the stream... just throwing it out there ;)

All in all the trip was truly an epic one. Those three guys... plus the 5v5 guys... legends! I can't wait for the next International. Guys I think you all rocked this weekend, ggs! Oh & congrats Fergus in getting top 8! You played a stormer :)

Rach

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Lol was it not Alioune in the way? You guys are so racist.

Once again, I didn't know who it was until you told me afterwards! :c I just remembered wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Once again, I didn't know who it was until you told me afterwards! :c I just remembered wrong.

shurrrr

82224544.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

601488_559701550720101_1915941166_n.jpg

Dooms reaction to watching a replay of his Guile for the first time ever. :pac:

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    shurrrr
    crymina.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

crymina.gif

On stage for the 5 v 5 I did the whole "believe in the me that believes in you..." thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

So I just spent 10 minutes labbing Kunimitsu and all the stuff that guy did was extremely punishable and sidesteppable for launch.

I hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    So I just spent 10 minutes labbing Kunimitsu and all the stuff that guy did was extremely punishable and sidesteppable for launch.

I hate this game.

I could have told you that but I am a mean bastard who refuses to share tech.

On stage for the 5 v 5 I did the whole "believe in the me that believes in you..." thing.
    I had a similar quote ready for our Marvel 5v5 match, but I was so anxious that morning it completely went out of my mind.

Also have to say, the overall trip was incredible fun and everyone got along extremely well. I personally really hope we attack the world again in full force soon.

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »

I hate this game.

Balls, that guy was a knob..

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Balls, that guy was a knob..

All Kunimitsu players are knobs. ;)

so close...... twice...... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Great stuff lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Yo, respect to Ayjay; those were some of the best footsies I've ever seen!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ayjayirl wrote: »

That was some super play AJ. Well played everyone. Fergus, keeping Zangief in the corner for so long was hilarious and incredibly impressive in equal measures.

What the hell? Doesn't even have Nutrient's name in the headline.

What amateur posted this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Japan too stronk

Advertisement