Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

i'll be going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll wait till late Jan to see if I can get time off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Same for me. I have every intention of going, but can't book anything til January. I assume the same is true for everyone out in the big bad work world.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'd love to go, but it looks like I'm-a gonna lose my job come next week!

So I'll have all the free time I need with none of the monies. Still, when you guys are more definite about all the travel dates and hotels, I'd make the best effort to go.

I mean come on, 3v3 UMvC3? And they have to be teams composed of no double characters? That'd only mean Doyler would have to let the real Cap player pick Steve...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sorry to hear that Lee, that sucks :(

The entire trip to France last year was very reasonably priced, I'm deffo down with room sharing once we confirm people for a second room.

• Advertisement

Ah no worries. It only means I'll have more time to focus on my channel!

But yeah, I'd be in the same boat. The more communication about people getting rooms/fights, the more likely I'll confirm I can go. I'm sure it'd be the same for others who haven't booked anything yet.

Lythero wrote: »
    Ah no worries. It only means I'll have more time to focus on my channel!

But yeah, I'd be in the same boat. The more communication about people getting rooms/fights, the more likely I'll confirm I can go. I'm sure it'd be the same for others who haven't booked anything yet.

Dude, for the last time:pac:

Just crash in my place instead of blowing ~50 quid:P

You can even wear your Dante cosplay w/e

Nutrient wrote: »
    Dude, for the last time:pac:

Just crash in my place instead of blowing ~50 quid:P

You can even wear your Dante cosplay w/e

Silly Nutrient, you don't live in France.

Silly Nutrient, you don't live in France.

Thats what you think...

You heard it here folks.

Everyone can just stay at Nutrient's summer home in Cannes. WHAT A SWELL GUY.

• Advertisement

I'd love to go, but it looks like I'm-a gonna lose my job come next week!

So I'll have all the free time I need with none of the monies. Still, when you guys are more definite about all the travel dates and hotels, I'd make the best effort to go.

I mean come on, 3v3 UMvC3? And they have to be teams composed of no double characters? That'd only mean Doyler would have to let the real Cap player pick Steve...

Jesus, shots fired

Pipe all the way man, and I believe it's 5v5?

Jesus, shots fired

Pipe all the way man, and I believe it's 5v5?

Of course I jest about the cap-talk.

Also: http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/events/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-3vs3-2/

Seems to be a 3v3 this year as far as Marvel's concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

3v3 is the official marvel tournament with entry fee.
    There is a free to enter World 5v5 one though.

...last year we got counter picked :pac:

Voa wrote: »

...last year we got counter picked :pac:

Personally

I thought we were all garbage

The team had 2 people that didn't play, a guy that trolled UK players with his team, then you and I

I was such a scrub back then, I've improved since then so hopfully next year will be different

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Genuinely sad to be missing this this year. Definitely a highlight of my calenders the last couple of years.

If any of you are on the fence about making the trip hop the **** down and start planning it. I barely (seriously) entered any tournaments last year and it was still a hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Time to give this a bump again. Can someone remind me which of the hotels it is people usually book into? Also, yay for Lythero coming! We might actually have a half decent team for the Marvel World Cup this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

im booking my flights soon, also the wgc website is confusing, i cant find where to reg for tournament

Flights booked for the 27th Feb - 4th March trip.

I can't believe there'll be 3 UMvC3 tournaments. Solo, 3v3 and 5v5. The potential for hype is astronomical!

lytheroappears_zpsa0649830.png

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Gigging on the first with the wedding band, unfortunately. Best of luck, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I can't believe there'll be 3 UMvC3 tournaments. Solo, 3v3 and 5v5. The potential for hype is astronomical!

[A new foe has appeared]

Just had to pop in and say that picture is sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Lads, for the 5v5, learn the Dhalsim matchup please :pac:

Ramza wrote: »
    Lads, for the 5v5, learn the Dhalsim matchup please :pac:

I got this :3

If anyone has flight details for event would be much appreciated, looking like I can get the days off

Also, should I contact Kurama Tengu about my free place at WGC 2013 due to the mass DQ from last year or just register per norm?

If anyone has flight details for event would be much appreciated, looking like I can get the days off

Also, should I contact Kurama Tengu about my free place at WGC 2013 due to the mass DQ from last year or just register per norm?

Aer Lingus, 27th Feb depart and 4th March return from Dublin - Nice. There's only the one flight on each day, so you'll have to be specially adapt at failing to mess it up.

Flight EI0544 - Wed 27 Feb 2013 Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:50 Arrives: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 14:15
    Flight EI0545 - Mon 04 Mar 2013 Departs: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 15:00 Arrives: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 16:40

As for the tournament registration. I have no idea, but simply registering like normal doesn't seem to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong, peoples, but I don't think signing up for tournaments is available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Ah thanks for the link. I tried following this earlier but didn't realise the first time that you had to be logged in to see the registration for individual tourneys.

How do we go about making a 5v5 team though?

Right, registered and booked, yaaaaaaay.

As a side note, for our UMvC 3v3 teams, we could register 2 in I reckon, with the bodies we currently have. I reckon we could run an A-team of Nutrient, Lythero and Dark Talant, with a B team of Naphiel, myself and Force Edge (this is based off who I think is going and would be interested in playing UMvC3).
    What do people reckon?

To be fair, Naphiel did very well last DoC8. So I'm not gonna suggest who should go where. I think there might be rules saying that no one can pick the same characters though, so that might be something that needs to be considered, unless those were last year's rules or summfink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

From what I remember last year the UK team couldn't decide their 3v3 team for AE in a way that everyone considered fair; so they just did round robin matches between all the potential candidates and picked the three with the most total wins versus everyone else.

Might be an idea.

• Advertisement

We will be having a tournament...but that won't be till February, and I'd rather pay in at the cheapy rate.

Also, seeding would generally be from the last 3 tournaments held. I think Lee might be a lil above Naphiel right now, but I'd have to construct and consult it.

Advertisement