Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Voa wrote: »
    We will be having a tournament...but that won't be till February, and I'd rather pay in at the cheapy rate.

Also, seeding would generally be from the last 3 tournaments held. I think Lee might be a lil above Naphiel right now, but I'd have to construct and consult it.

Keith places well in tourneys, Came 3rd last DOC I think

Really, really I can't emphasis enough, rough list from past results

1st Myself
    2nd Doyler
    3rd Rawron
    4th Lythero
    5th Dark Talent
    6th Naphiel
    7th Dark Onion
    8th Ben2Gen
    Others...

This is a pain to construct with data lol

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Sorry I'm not well kept up on this thread.

But if you have Nutriend Lythero Naphiel and Dark Talant all going, that's gonna be a doozie to pick a first team from. Nutrients results are best bar none. Then Naphiel and Lythero have consistent high placing, and then DT has won 2??? tournaments? But I remember him going out early (for him) atleast twice in that hotel and the Evo quals.

Perhaps a round robin is in order, or just let Nutrient pick the teams he thinks will compliment his own team best in order to give Ireland the best possible placing.

PS Think I'm gonna go. Got job + free time.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Got job + free time.

Theres something you don't hear everyday

Lythero wrote: »
    I mean come on, 3v3 UMvC3? And they have to be teams composed of no double characters? That'd only mean Doyler would have to let the real Cap player pick Steve...

1944_cap_serial_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Ohhh **** just got real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Just let Nutrient pick the teams he thinks will compliment his own team best in order to give Ireland the best possible placing.
    Works for me.:pac:

Also, yeah nutrient. That's why I was so bloody meticulous about getting full results done up in a table form....before I was crushed by all this study I can't possibly hold.

2 hours remaining though, so whoo on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

the 3v3s are on friday so whoever is in cannes from wednesday are usually the ones that play it(we didn't arrive in cannes till 3 or 4 on fri last time). That'll make things easier when selecting the team

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

so i found out today that im in spain from 25th until 29th... is there any flights on friday night or sat morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

No chance you could go from spain to cannes? Cause that makes a whole lot more sense!

ladnopoka wrote: »
    so i found out today that im in spain from 25th until 29th... is there any flights on friday night or sat morning?

February ends on the 28th >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

February ends on the 28th >_>

ye that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm up for this, have the time and money.

How many other people are interested in going (6 have already bought and paid their flights and hotels amirite?) who haven't gotten room etc sorted yet?.

Rooms are generally 3 people or is it 6 in like an apartment?

In work so i cant really browse at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm interested. Should be able to find out if I can get the time off work pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Flights are now booked. Myself, Rachel & Doom are officially going to WGC.

I have no clue about the hotels either, though I was told everyone would pool information when it happens. It's cause the flights will go up in price, but the rooms won't, apparently.

And I suppose if we hold off hotel booking until we know who is going, it'll be easier to organise.

I have no clue about the hotels either, though I was told everyone would pool information when it happens. It's cause the flights will go up in price, but the rooms won't, apparently.

And I suppose if we hold off hotel booking until we know who is going, it'll be easier to organise.

Reckon a 6 man room is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I hate you all :(

I hate you all :(

You hate us for going to Cannes when you'll be at home anticipating the birth of your child...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You hate us for going to Cannes when you'll be at home anticipating the birth of your child...?

I really hope s/he is not that late, but essentially yes. I really like Cannes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He can have a baby any time, Cannes just happens once a year!

• Advertisement

Chopperbyrne: *regales his tales of going to Cannes* "And that was the greatest day of my life."

Chopper Jr.: "What about the day I was born, Daddy?"

Chopperbyrne: "Not even close."

Before we head we all gotta get them bad match ups down

AE lads get that ****ing sim match down

Marvel, Learn that Morrigan and Vergil mu, seriously important if you wanna get outta pools like me and Keith did last year

UK Players are exclusivly Morrigan, Vergil and Doom players

So, so so many Vergils...

I may use Deadpool against folks who use Morri-doom characters. Joe on point with red hot kicks for the happy birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Everyone from Holland plays Zero as well.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Everyone from Holland plays Zero as well.

Everyone...

31182591.jpg

Chopperbyrne: *regales his tales of going to Cannes* "And that was the greatest day of my life."

Chopper Jr.: "What about the day I was born, Daddy?"

Chopperbyrne: "Not even close."

Tell me you are referencing the robot chicken Star Wars special here...

Tell me you are referencing the robot chicken Star Wars special here...

But then I wouldn't appear as original and witty!

Also, I'm starting to have second thoughts about Doyler going. It's only a matter of time before he starts trouble with the french.

I'l wreck that fool Lee.

So what AE and Marvel players are going so far?

If I go thats Nutrient Me Lee Naphiel DT and VoA for Marvel?

Aaand for AE its Me Doom AJ Jun? and Ladno if he can make it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

There's also 2 trinity chaps heading down as well, I think they're just for marvel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's looking really unlikely that I can make it.

Advertisement