Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    But then I wouldn't appear as original and witty!

Also, I'm starting to have second thoughts about Doyler going. It's only a matter of time before he starts trouble with the french.

I've seen this guy before at an animation convention...

Friends with some bloke named Sean Kealy

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Nutrient wrote: »
    I've seen this guy before at an animation convention...

Friends with some bloke named Sean Kealy

ahh I know Sean Kiely. hahaha

Okay Fight booked, I'm in there

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Team: Ace Avengers has been registered.

Attorneys, Mayors and Avengers, ASSEMBLE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All booked in, including Team Doomy for the 3 v 3 in AE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Are we all on the same flight over?

EI0544 - Wed 27 Feb 2013
    Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:50

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Aer Lingus, 27th Feb depart and 4th March return from Dublin - Nice. There's only the one flight on each day, so you'll have to be specially adapt at failing to mess it up.

Flight EI0544 - Wed 27 Feb 2013 Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:50 Arrives: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 14:15
    Flight EI0545 - Mon 04 Mar 2013 Departs: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 15:00 Arrives: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 16:40
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Are we all on the same flight over?

EI0544 - Wed 27 Feb 2013
    Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:50

I'm pretty sure at this point AJ just posts something like that to get me to do the donkey work for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'm pretty sure at this point AJ just posts something like that to get me to do the donkey work for him :D

Gives you something to do

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

looks mad fun,good luck to everyone going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Flight booked!

How many people have/have not got a room?

• Advertisement

Alioune's freeeeeeeee

Just kidding of course, he beat me 7-4 in that bout (was months ago). The connection was really good for Marvel though.

That's a pretty hype montage of moments from last year's event. Looks like a nice location too :D
    Flight booked!

How many people have/have not got a room?

Not yet in my case, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to organise it now/let folks know who's already sorted.

Not yet in my case, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to organise it now/let folks know who's already sorted.

I don't have one either. No point waiting to book though, I think six people to a room is the standard?

If that's the case, we can say the next four roomless people to reply counts as a room.

Then one of us can book it, I don't mind doing it.

C0unter wrote: »

looks mad fun,good luck to everyone going.

Pretty underwelming turn out posted someone on SRK

Alioune is on Watch out list for Marvel

Then one of us can book it, I don't mind doing it.

That would be fantastic, I'm on the hotels **** list for booking with a 3V last year like a clever boy:pac:

Due to this, Had to run off and print out loads of documents on a french computer

Doesn't look too bad, trust me; ****ing nightmare to type on

Backslash_On_French_Keyboard.jpg

3 down.

What hotel are you booking from by the way?

3 down.

What hotel are you booking from by the way?

Same as last year, Can't remember the name, Voa knows the place

Looked at last years thread. These two hotels are mentioned:

HOTEL PIERRE & VACANCES - Cannes Beach
    &
    HOTEL MAEVA - Cannes Verrerie:

Don't suppose you remember which one it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The first one.

It's Cannes Beach I'm pretty sure.

How much did a full room booking cost anyone who did one already?

I'm tempted to get a French person to make the call for me and use Kurama_Tengu's secret phrase to try to maximise our discount...

Looked at last years thread. These two hotels are mentioned:

HOTEL PIERRE & VACANCES - Cannes Beach
    &
    HOTEL MAEVA - Cannes Verrerie:

Don't suppose you remember which one it was?

Fun recap of 2012

Me "Hello there, here for a room"

(French Receptionist) FR"This one?"

Me "Yeah, thats grand"

FR "Grand Suite?, okay"

Me "cheers"

Jun and Naphiel "NOO NUTRIENT!"

• Advertisement

It's Cannes Beach I'm pretty sure.

How much did a full room booking cost anyone who did one already?

I'm tempted to get a French person to make the call for me and use Kurama_Tengu's secret phrase to try to maximise our discount...

Crafty thinking.

I have no french friends though.

Here's what I found so far
    which suggests €430 for one room. Which, if you got the two twin & sofa bed, would leave 5 beds for 6 people?

Here's what I found so far
    which suggests €430 for one room. Which, if you got the two twin & sofa bed, would leave 5 beds for 6 people?

€430 is correct, I don't see where it says the exact number of beds, but I think the room I was in last year was two single beds, one double bed and a sofa bed, so 5 lads yeah.

If anyone is super concerned about the difference between a 5 way split (€86) as opposed to a 6 way (€72) we can always force a sixth person to sleep on the floor.

Otherwise I guess we only have two free spaces going as of this moment.

€430 is correct, I don't see where it says the exact number of beds, but I think the room I was in last year was two single beds, one double bed and a sofa bed, so 5 lads yeah.

If anyone is super concerned about the difference between a 5 way split (€86) as opposed to a 6 way (€72) we can always force a sixth person to sleep on the floor.

Otherwise I guess we only have two free spaces going as of this moment.

Me and Lee will not be sharing again : s

€86 for 5 nights is still great, so you wouldn't hear me complaining. If they can offer double twin beds then I'm sure everyone would prefer that too. To make it simple there's a drop box if you're booking online that decides whether it's two double or two twin beds, but that would take out the "Phone a French Friend" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Its the Cannes Beach one for defo. If you guys go to the wgc website below and look under accomodation you can get a special rate of €70/night for the 5/6 person room, you just have to ring them to book it and say you're going to the Festival des Jeux, i'm booking the room for my gang of six this week. Also If i remember correctly Doom's gang were in a 6 person room last year, and what happened is there was a matress put on the floor for the sixth person, not great but it does in fact take six. That leaves the room working out around €65 each for five nights. :)

http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/hotels-residences/

i'm booking the room for my gang of six this week.

Huh okay, for some reason I thought that two full rooms were already booked, and that I was likely booking the third.

For the sake of easy logistics I made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLd-FYOVg6jdDNiUkxyYTBXbzRqXzRuTlNqTlhkMEE

It would be cool if the people booking rooms could fill this out. Especially if there's another unfilled 3 people room that I could just merge mine with to get it done quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Huh okay, for some reason I thought that two full rooms were already booked, and that I was likely booking the third.

You are, i'm taking care of myself, my bf eoghan, Voa, Voa's gf Siobhan, Paul Kerrigan and Dark Talant. We booked our flights together and we're all sharing a room so we're sorted already. Doom AJ and Rachael have sorted their own flights and accom already too.

It won't let me edit the google doc but can you update that much for me? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm gonna try and go to this, gonna see what I can do tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You are, i'm taking care of myself, my bf eoghan, Voa, Voa's gf Siobhan, Paul Kerrigan and Dark Talant. We booked our flights together and we're all sharing a room so we're sorted already. Doom AJ and Rachael have sorted their own flights and accom already too.

It won't let me edit the google doc but can you update that much for me? thanks!

Paul KILLEEN.
    Ain't no way you could get me to share a room with Shanks (Kazturkey).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm gonna try and go to this, gonna see what I can do tonight.

Tell me you are focusing on AE.

Advertisement