Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The man is a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Just so you know, Neithan should have updated the website by now, Nutrient should receive an email to confirm the fact soonish. (if not: neithan@basgrospoing.fr)

The second trailer (with the "worthy opponents"' list) should be up in early February (probably a week after the Angoulême International Comic Festival, because of our president's day job).

I haven't gotten through all the posts I missed while I was sick yet (Edit: and didn't miss anything apparently), so please don't hesitate and ask questions if you've got any ;).

The whole Registration mishap has been treated in the following article:
    http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/2013/01/22/world-game-cup-registration-is-not-closed/

And the new hotel forms are there (!!! the hotel with the free towels is NOT the same !!!):
    http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/hotels-residences/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Room update: Jun's confirmed.

I'll book the room tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Room update: Jun's confirmed.

I'll book the room tomorrow.

Better not touch my bolognese crisps this time Jun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wooo room buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Nutrient wrote: »

or chunkis' milk :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Nutrient wrote: »

Bolognaise crisps were fine. Cheeseburger were disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    or chunkis' milk :O

There's a point, is Chunkis going? It'd be a damn shame not to have him. We might all actually go on that joyride in the hotel van this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Doubt ill be going. Almost def have to work the wed thurs and I dont want to fly out on friday.
    Bloody month ends.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Infilaugh confirmed for WGC, deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Infilaugh confirmed for WGC, deadly.

Quickest path to internet infamy right there.

One of us needs to take him out!

Get to it lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Quickest path to internet infamy right there.

One of us needs to take him out!

Get to it lads!

I'm all over that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Does anyone have any idea how much it'll cost altogether to go to this if I were going on the Friday?

And just entering Tekken (obviously...)

6 million bison dollars

Does anyone have any idea how much it'll cost altogether to go to this if I were going on the Friday?

And just entering Tekken (obviously...)

Last I saw the flights were ~€200 i think. Accom depends on how many people you can share with, the hotel details are on the wgc site here : http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Cool thanks!

Is there anyone going on the Friday and leaving Sunday that I can tag along with/share a room with?

Cool thanks!

Is there anyone going on the Friday and leaving Sunday that I can tag along with/share a room with?

You have to fly back monday afternoon so make sure you can afford to lose that day just!

Only three weeks from today lads, get hype!
    From the WGC site:

Very Important Players List Update !

The complete registration list will be available around the 15th of february, 1 week before the end of registration. Until then, enjoy the V.I.P. list, we will add new names every weeks !

The World Game Cup 2013 V.I.P.’s:

The V.I.P.‘s (Very Important Players) will be numerous at this 2013 edition of the World Game Cup. They’re all currently among the best players in the world in their category.

The MAD CATZ Team:

MCZ|Tokido (Japan) – He’s our World Game Cup 2012 Super Street Fighter IV AE champion and one of the best all-around fighting game player in the world!
    MCZ|Mago (Japan) – The Legendary 2D God, Our SSF4AE World Game Cup 2012 second place finisher
    & MCZ|Ryan Hart (United Kingdom) – One of the best players in Europe…

The CafeId Team:

CafeId|MadKof (South Korea) – The reigning champion (EVO 2012) of The King Of Fighters XIII
    CafeId|Poongko (South Korea) – 3rd place finisher at the Super Street Fighter IV AE tourney at EVO 2011
    CafeId|Kensouzzang (South Korea)

The Avermedia Fighter:

AverMedia|GamerBee (Taiwan) – Second place finisher (EVO 2012) at the Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 event!

All scrubs. No match for Team Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

So I'm curious.

How do we go about organising a 5v5 team for the SFIV and UMvC3 world tournaments? Do you have to wait and see if you're invited/allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Flights finally booked. lol

Lee as far as I know we are invited.
    We just need to pick both teams.

Every country is invited to put forward a team afaik. You don't even have to declare your players until just before your first match, its a really informal thing. More a bit of fun than anything else. We'll probably decide who's playing on wednesday or thursday, marvel guys could have a round robin if they wanted to decide or something, but its really not that serious.
    Lythero wrote: »
    So I'm curious.

How do we go about organising a 5v5 team for the SFIV and UMvC3 world tournaments? Do you have to wait and see if you're invited/allowed?

TBH, the most likely thing to happen is that I will be asked to put forward the teams, or at very least find people to do so. Possibly on the Friday.

Another possibility is either Voa or AJ will be asked as they also have semi regular communication with them.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss who's on what team etc, that person is just a messenger (although I did end up the captain last year).

Actually a voting thread for the 2 team caps might be fun :D

Who can vote? Everyone or just those going / on the team?

If it was just those going, it'd have to be voting for 2 or 3 people each to get a good vote.

AJ has been contacted by WGC about the SF teams, he's given them place holder names, but we need to get decidin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

can we decide now on the teams, yous fly wednesday week.

To make it easier to decide.

AE Players.
    Doom (Guile), AJ (Ryu), Jun (Fei), Doyler (Akuma), Fergus (Sakura/Rose), Deadeyedave (DeeJay), DarkTalant (Ibuki)

Marvel 5v5 is already pretty much decided afaik.

Myself, Lythero, Nutrient, Dark Talant and then the last spot to Voa or ForceEdge.

How about everyone going for SF4 teams vote for 4 people each via pm to me (excluding themselves). I'll strip out the names and give the results back. That way everyone can check I didn't diddle their figures without anyone else knowing.

The only thing is people would have to trust me.

How about everyone going for SF4 teams vote for 3 people each via pm to me (excluding themselves). I'll strip out the names and give the results back. That way everyone can check I didn't diddle their figures without anyone else knowing.

The only thing is people would have to trust me.

I dont think 3 choices each will add up well..

To be honest I don't think much voting is necessary. Everyone knows whos at what level between us. We play each other all the time.

Edit: 4 could work

Sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 CensoredX

Hello people. So where is team Ireland residing this year? Maeva or Cannes beach? Team Greece (Freece?) here, we are arriving in Cannes late Friday and looking for some casuals etc if you all are up for it.

Advertisement