Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Game Cup, Cannes, France March 1st - 3rd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

CensoredX wrote: »
    Hello people. So where is team Ireland residing this year? Maeva or Cannes beach? Team Greece (Freece?) here, we are arriving in Cannes late Friday and looking for some casuals etc if you all are up for it.

I think we are all staying in Cannes beach and most of us arrive on Wednesday.

I'm sure all of us are up for Casuals whenever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I think we are all staying in Cannes beach and most of us arrive on Wednesday.

I'm sure all of us are up for Casuals whenever.

Except nutrient, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

CensoredX wrote: »
    Hello people. So where is team Ireland residing this year? Maeva or Cannes beach? Team Greece (Freece?) here, we are arriving in Cannes late Friday and looking for some casuals etc if you all are up for it.

It's Cannes Beach. Just look for the room/s with loud shouting, scents of alcohol and salt seeping from under the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

AE Team

1) Doom (Guile)
    2) Jun (Fei)
    3) Doyler (Akuma)
    4) Fergus (Sakura/Rose)
    5) AJ (Ryu)

@Deadeyedave (DeeJay) & DarkTalant (Ibuki) - No offence intended lads but that list is picked and ranked by merit and placings in tournaments over the last year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Except nutrient, obviously

You guys need me I'll be at the Beach...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 CensoredX

Cool cool, we are staying at Cannes Beach too so I guess we'll salt up the french coast together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

How long are most of you guys staying? I would go, but I can't make it until the beginning of the weekend and it wouldn't be as fun without y'all.

NocturNeru wrote: »
    How long are most of you guys staying? I would go, but I can't make it until the beginning of the weekend and it wouldn't be as fun without y'all.

until the Monday for all afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

good luck team Ireland!

cuz with that team you guys are going need all the luck you can get!!!

Anyway just a point with the team for ae, i don`t agree with just hand picking teams its a bit unfair to anybody that wants to take part so some kind of qualifier should take place.

chunkis wrote: »
    good luck team Ireland!

cuz with that team you guys are going need all the luck you can get!!!

Anyway just a point with the team for ae, i don`t agree with just hand picking teams its a bit unfair to anybody that wants to take part so some kind of qualifier should take place.

First to 5 double elim. Wed night over there? Extra points for those drunk ;)

I'm sure we can sort it out when we are over there. The few, the proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Since I last checked, it looks like there's been a slight amendment to the rules concerning team tournaments for Marvel:
    "No double character in the same team & character lock for team tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV AE & Soulcalibur V."

Note that it says nothing about no dubble dibs on Marvel characters... or character lock for that matter, interestingly. Figured I should point this out since there's some folks with colliding characters as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No double characters in the same team in a marvel 3 team tourney would be funny. All the poor Dooms.

But I think that might just be a copy and paste from the AE rules. Hopefully.

Naw, I provided the link to the UMvC3 rules in that post. Don't get me wrong, it'd have been great if we didn't have to put up with multiple Morrigans, Dooms and Vergils, but perhaps everyone complained that they couldn't POSSIBLY win otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I meant within the linked MVC3 rules. As it refers to AE and SCV

"for team tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV AE & Soulcalibur V"

Ah right, gotcha.

On another note, I had no idea we had seeding points! Cool stuff.

That said, I have no idea how they'll help us in the long run. Do 10 seeding points even count for anything when it comes to the WGC brackets?

Lythero wrote: »
    Ah right, gotcha.

On another note, I had no idea we had seeding points! Cool stuff.

That said, I have no idea how they'll help us in the long run. Do 10 seeding points even count for anything when it comes to the WGC brackets?

Doom is, at this moment, the top-seeded player in the world for SF... Nutrient and Doyler respectively are 1 and 2 for Marvel.. All three seeded SFxT and TTT2 Players are Irish...

We are gonna BEAST this s***....

Seeding points made me lol. So undeserved haha

How does AJ have more than Fergus for AE? I think Fergus got much further at RTC.

Also Nutrient with the SFxT seeds over Witch!! What? And even me for that matter. Nutrient gimme dem points

Not that it matters at all, I don't even know what their value will be. Just funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

How does AJ have more than Fergus for AE? I think Fergus got much further at RTC.

I think I should have some as well, because I'm pretty sure I got further than Force_edge in AE.

If it prevents us from having to fight each other in UMvC3, then I'm more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Force_Edge

ok guys i know i've been hiding it but i'm actually a top tier player at SF. Oni is gonna win his first major!!

• Advertisement

Hmmm.... I see 4 Italians with 20 / 25 seed points...

One of them is our guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Just checking in after study. I hope you lot are all prepared for war! :)
    (Or a good time at a great event, whichever comes first.)

Also Nutrient with the SFxT seeds over Witch!! What? And even me for that matter. Nutrient gimme dem points

I worked really hard to earn those SFXT and TTT2 points I'll have you know

Just me or are the numbers looking a little on the low side...? I mean all the better for team Ireland, but i could've sworn the brackets were better last year? http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/2013/02/20/only-two-days-left-before-registration-ends/

The exact same thing happened last year, there's a huge rush in the last 24 hours.

Here's hoping. We wouldn't want to win it too easily, would we?

Lythero wrote: »
    Here's hoping. We wouldn't want to win it too easily, would we?

Suits me

3r65jk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I'ma give you guys a heads up on Traumatisch, in the chance that you run into him - I've played him online and he easily has the scariest Laura out there; it's dangerous to move against it, and even deadlier to stay still. He also has an inescapable Dirt Nap setup if he has Dante or Dormammu on his team (note: he calls Jam Session very well), so it'd pay to take her out ASAP.

One big thing: he can sometimes jump up and do Laura's d.H (the straight-down one) on you. If I remember correctly, it's not an overhead, but depending on your hitboxes, it can actually hit you on the other side! Try to be wary of that one most of all, as it can lead into a proper combo.

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I'ma give you guys a heads up on Traumatisch, in the chance that you run into him - I've played him online and he easily has the scariest Laura out there; it's dangerous to move against it, and even deadlier to stay still. He also has an inescapable Dirt Nap setup if he has Dante or Dormammu on his team (note: he calls Jam Session very well), so it'd pay to take her out ASAP.

One big thing: he can sometimes jump up and do Laura's d.H (the straight-down one) on you. If I remember correctly, it's not an overhead, but depending on your hitboxes, it can actually hit you on the other side! Try to be wary of that one most of all, as it can lead into a proper combo.

Man has the only Laura in the world

Kill his X-23 then watch the pieces fall

He's well gonna beat me lol

• Advertisement

WGC's registration site went down for 12 hours on the second last day of registration so they've extended it to tomorrow.

I hope that happened because of the rush of people signing up!

In other news, so many people regging for KoF they've had to expand the slots for it. Looks like we're playing the wrong game lads.

Advertisement