Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built PC for €400 of less

Options
  • 17-10-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Basically I'm looking for a pre-built PC for my parents. I would usually build one for them myself, but since I moved to the UK, that's not really an option! Something for €400 or less, no monitor required! It's really only going to be used for some internetting, office applications and maybe some movie watching - so not much processing power required. Does anybody know where is the best place to pick one up? Or am I better off sticking with the likes of dabs?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Schorpio wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Basically I'm looking for a pre-built PC for my parents. I would usually build one for them myself, but since I moved to the UK, that's not really an option! Something for €400 or less, no monitor required! It's really only going to be used for some internetting, office applications and maybe some movie watching - so not much processing power required. Does anybody know where is the best place to pick one up? Or am I better off sticking with the likes of dabs?

Cheers guys.

Scan.co.uk are actually not too bad for this sort of thing, they have a Intel Celeron Dual Core G530 based system for about €350 including delivery. But yeah, on this sort of budget essentially just shop around various online retailers for the cheapest acceptable box you can find.

http://www.scan.co.uk/value-systems

Also this AMD A4 based system is out of stock for a few days, but it is pretty cheap at €299, note that it doesn't come with an OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Hardwareversand also have a selection of pre builds with OS installed. not sure if shipping is similar to for ordering parts though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Yeah, I knew HS would build a system for you, but I think I remember hearing bad things about the way the system was put together and transit damage. Cheers for the suggestion though, appreciate it.

Advertisement