Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

uploading pics

• 17-10-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hi all,
    apologies in advance for a stupid question(im a complete noob!)
    i have a htc one s and recently got a new laptop. ive been trying to upload my pictures without much success.
    what im hoping is someone can advise me on how to do it please ( in simple terms, im completely useless!:o)

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Where are you trying to upload your pics to? If you are trying to get them from your phone to your laptop it's a totally different process to uploading them to facebook for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Sorry, to my laptop.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't have a One S, but it should be similar enough. You should connect your phone to your laptop using the USB cable, and set it to connect as a disk drive (you can do this via your phone screen when you connect it). You can then navigate your phone storage via windows explorer like any other drive on your laptop. Your pictures will probably be in a folder called DCIM (do a search if you can't see it). The photos will all be in a folder in there, possibly called camera.

There are other ways you can do this either such as using dropbox or google drive apps which you can install on your phone and laptop that will allow you to share photos and other items seamlessly between devices. This is best done on wifi connection though to ensure you don't go over any data allowances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

teggers5 wrote: »
    Sorry, to my laptop.

Bluetooth them,when you tap pic,options should appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Could also install Airdroid on your phone and connect to it from your internet browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Connect it to the PC using the USB cable that came with it (most likely).

Looks like the below:
    http://www.ever-brighter.net/upfile/2011319943540.jpg

Fat end laptop, thin end in phone and click start (or windows orb on windows 7), then click My Computer (or computer on windows 7).

It should appear as an SDCard or phone card or a name similar to that. If you really can't tell which one it is, plug it out and it will disappear then plug it in and the new option is the right one.

Double click that and then double click on the DCIM folder. Pics should be in there. Highlight them and copy and paste them onto your picture folder or whereever you want to put them.

That is the easiest way to do it IMO.

Thanks all

Got as far as that folder but the pics seem to be in several different folders in there aswell as lots of other thumbnails from phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Install dropbox on your laptop and phone and it will automatically upload

wardie101 wrote: »
    Install dropbox on your laptop and phone and it will automatically upload

just managed to upload all my pictures using dropbox with no problems at all. :)
    thanks all for you help.

Advertisement