Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem

Options
  • 17-10-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

i have a strange one here:

my sister called me to have a look at her printer (HP F2400) as a PDF document she wanted to print was being messed up:

PRINT1.jpg

The weird thing is the 'Test Page' prints out perfectly, alignment, colour, text.

Even though the test page works, i uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. Still same result.

i have since tried printing other documents they are also messed up like above pic.

I 've gone through the various settings/options on the Printer Preferences and Control Panel, but everything is set as it should be.

Why the Test Page and nothing else?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i have a strange one here:

my sister called me to have a look at her printer (HP F2400) as a PDF document she wanted to print was being messed up:

PRINT1.jpg

The weird thing is the 'Test Page' prints out perfectly, alignment, colour, text.

Even though the test page works, i uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. Still same result.

i have since tried printing other documents they are also messed up like above pic.

I 've gone through the various settings/options on the Printer Preferences and Control Panel, but everything is set as it should be.

Why the Test Page and nothing else?
    Clean the print nozzles/head cleaning and also run the head alignment utility. Looks like some head alignment issues. Bit weird a test page would print ok though

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

yoyo wrote: »
    Clean the print nozzles/head cleaning and also run the head alignment utility. Looks like some head alignment issues. Bit weird a test page would print ok though

Nick

i actually ran all those, and put in new cartridges too, in case the others were old.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i actually ran all those, and put in new cartridges too, in case the others were old.

Have you tried printing another document at all? Very strange issue, it looks like an head alignment one but if it's not that I havn't a clue man.

Nick

yeah, tried a word, txt, and another PDF file, all printed like the pic, the test page is 100% perfect.

It defies belief, if i told this to someone in a conversation, they'd think i was having them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

Is the above pic a photocopy? If so could be a problem with your photocopier/scanner.

If not try cleaning the print heads, those printers are usually pretty straightforward.

• Advertisement

the photocopy is from a printout from the HP printer. I used my own photocopier which is fine.

The print heads were cleaned as stated in previous posts. But they cannot be at fault seen as the Test Print was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It could be driver, memory or a communication problem (printer cable?)

The test page will print regardless of whether the printer is on line or not and the test printer function is possibly stored in a ROM.

i swapped the printer cable. About the test page being stored in ROM, i think your probably right. Last night had another look and the power button light and 3 other lights were flickering, according to HP that means a "fatal error'. After exhausting there troubleshooting, its off to the bin.

Advertisement