Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding Kilmainham 2011

Options
  • 17-10-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Moved back to Ireland currently living Kilmainham, in apartments alongside Camac River. My apartment is on 3rd floor so is safe, but my car is parked on street/ground level under the apartments or sometimes just alongside the river bank.
    Water is very high at moment, saw a blurry shaky video on YouTube of the floods and water seemed to be gushing down the street from this area (bow bridge). Was too dark to tell if it was very high but I am now really worried about my car!!!

Any help or advice or memory recalled will be gratefully appreciated? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Weren't huge walls built along the Camac after the floods there last year?

Hmm, not sure I understand this, but maybe you should move your car if he's saying works weren't done:
    Camac River

There are no reports of building flooding in the tidal region of the Camac River below Bowbridge to date from the 24th October event.

Between Bow Bridge and the Bridge at Kearn’s Place Bowbridge Dock and Bowbridge House Apartments are reported as flooding. The carparks of 60 apartments downstream of Faulkner’s Terrace in Mount Brown. 3 houses on Faulkner’s Terrace probably from road flooding. Building upstream of No.1 Faulkner’s Terrace. Carpark below St.John’s Well Way apartments. Old Cammock Bridge Apartment Block carpark.

Between Kearn’s Place Bridge and South Circular Road. 11 dwellings on Kearn’s Place were reported flooded. 12 apartments just upstream of Kearn’s Place. Motor Repair Shop downstream of Millbrook Terrace. 28 dwellings on Milbrook Terrace, Lady’s Lane and Carrickfoyle Terrace. Reports of 2 buildings flooded on Rowserstown Lane are not confirmed as yet.

Between SCR and Turvey Avenue. 13 dwellings, No.1 to 25 Emmet Road reported as flooded from river.

Three dwellings on Tyrconnell Street to be confirmed. There was also considerable vehicular damage reported due to this flooding event. 64 residential dwellings reported as flooded to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Thanks a million for your reply. I reckon my car may be left in work or on higher ground should we get bad rain.... The YouTube video is too dark and shaky to make much of but its enough to have me worried!!

Advertisement