Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strangest/funniest/worst reactions to your piercings or tattoos?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

I was put in the back of the photos at a family wedding during the summer, and had my daughter, a flower girl, in front of me hiding me legs, my mother in law to be's face when she saw me walking into the church was hilarious. Wait till she sees me walking down the ailse to marry her son in my knee length dress. And I'll be front and centre in all the photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Was out in me local last year and a mates polish housemate grabbed me arm and started asking all about my latest piece...grand no bother I'm well used to it in a smallish town.

Than came the usual last question....."how much did it cost???"..... "eight hundred euro" I replied with.
    His response to this had the bar in stitches......
    "fukc me!!!! I could have bought opel corsa with all that money!!!!"

What could ya do but laugh at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

In Spain, so many people have tattoos and piercings, that it's pretty much commonplace. I can't imagine anyone getting refused employment or anything like that on the grounds of body art here. That's an attitude I've only encountered in Ireland.

As a trainee in Spanish hotel I can safely say predujice against those with body modifications is still alive and well in the hospitality sector. Other than that though you are right, body art is much more commonplace and accepted here. I love sitting on the beach checking out all the tattoos. :P

My tattoo being on my side I've never had any strangers comment on it. I had someone tell me it looked like it said 'Wok' instead of Look' but they were quite drunk at the time (although the L and O are a bit too close together). I'm not sure if my mum knows about it and pretends not to or genuinely doesn't. She has walked in on me while changing several times with it in plain sight but never said anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

I've had very few piercings compared to other people, but the one that got the most attention is definitely my septum piercing. Got it on the sly when I was 17, and had a curved barbel in it - which was grand, until it healed and the bar swung around. Bar swung out of my nose during dinner one day, and my mum just sat and stared at it!
    After finishing school, put a circular barbell in. Reactions included "you look like a bull" and "it looks like snots hanging out of your nose" to "that's pretty cool". Funniest reactions is when people try to play with it and straighten it.
    Most amusing reactions is the number of people who look like they want to vomit when they see me flip it up my nose to hide it, then flip it back down in front of them :p

Will always remember my boyfriend's mother's reaction to my septum piercing as well.
    "Is she your girlfriend?"
    "Ye."
    "She has a facial piercing."
    "Yup, so?"
    "Oh, it's completely up to her, it's her body... As long as you don't get one."

Advertisement