Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting Motorcycle ?

• 17-10-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭

It will be my fathers 50th birthday in about 3 weeks and me and my mother are looking to do something special for his birthday.

He has always been in awe of those big powerful motorbikes, and had a failed attempt at restoring a Yamaha in 2004. More because of other commitments he hasn't had time in recent years to further his interests in them.

Does anybody here know of a place where you could rent a motorbike for a few days ? Bikes like Yamaha and Harley Davidson would be his dream. We live in North Roscommon so big places like Dublin, Belfast and Cork would be out of the question. We would be willing to travel to anywhere in Roscommon, Leitrim, Longford, Sligo, Mayo, North Donegal and Enniskillen area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I really doubt you will find anywhere outside of Dublin for it. There isn't a huge market for it and there are very few people licensed to drive motorbikes in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I really doubt you will find anywhere outside of Dublin for it. There isn't a huge market for it and there are very few people licensed to drive motorbikes in Ireland.

Come next year it will be even less.:(

Theres Celtic riders in Naas,
    they might deliver

http://www.motorental.ie/

Or even better,book him in on one of there trips..............in the summer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

urbanledge wrote: »
    Theres Celtic riders in Naas,
    they might deliver

http://www.motorental.ie/

Or even better,book him in on one of there trips..............in the summer ;)

I just read their policy on insurance and accidents, not something you want to presume will occur but certainly something you'd want to cover.
    I assumed that you could buy comprensive insurance but they also say they have a pre authorisation on 1500-2500 for the excess on your credit card for damages?! shouldnt the insurance cover that? thats one hell of an excess!
    At that cost you certainly want to know whats covered and what isnt as you could buy a bike and insure it for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Merch wrote: »
    At that cost you certainly want to know whats covered and what isnt as you could buy a bike and insure it for that!

Might not be a bad idea to maybe buy him something small but nice for his birthday and then a few of the family members save up a bit and just buy him a cheap bike in a few months when they have more money. There's some seriously cheap bikes around lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd be worried about someone who hasn't ridden in years just hopping onto a bike, no matter how experienced they used to be.

How about getting him a day with an instructor? Would be easier to find than hiring, and most can provide bike, gear and insurance.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thanks for the helpful replies, but ill prob be getting a mug or a shirt for his birthday now. Sort of wrote off the car not my fault i swear :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Thanks for the helpful replies, but ill prob be getting a mug or a shirt for his birthday now. Sort of wrote off the car not my fault i swear :pac:

hahaha feck sake. Tis always someone elses fault :pac:

Advertisement