Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dividing family home, a few questions.

Options
  • 17-10-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have received PP to reconstruct the family home, my parents in one half and I in the other. We want to split it legally now, as well as a solicitor do I need to get an engineer to map the two halves. I will be looking for a mortgage for the works, will the ownership of my half suffice to be eligible for a mortgage or will they wants the deeds for the whole property? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,083 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes you will need to get a technician/architect/engineer to prepare a sub-division map but you should consult with your solicitor first on this matter.

Regarding the issue of the mortgage I have no idea what the requirements would be but I will move this thread over to the banking forum where the good folks there may be able to offer advice.

Advertisement