Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Galaxy Nexus

• 17-10-2012 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

My phone was running a bit low on battery power today so I plugged it in to charge it up, later on when I checked it I noticed it was turned off so I tried to turn it on but nothing happened, it just stayed dead.
    I also took out the battery for a while and tried to power it up but nothing happened.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

54kroc wrote: »
    My phone was running a bit low on battery power today so I plugged it in to charge it up, later on when I checked it I noticed it was turned off so I tried to turn it on but nothing happened, it just stayed dead.
    I also took out the battery for a while and tried to power it up but nothing happened.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Do you know if the charger is working okay? Was the charger simbol coming up when you plugged it in?

Did you check if the cable was fully slotted to the phone and charging okay. I had those problems before turned the charger wasn't slotting in fully and was even coming loose during charging. Maybe see if you have a different micro USB charger

Otherwise could be an issue with the battery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I've tried a few different chargers and cables to no avail.
    I've also tried holding combinations of the volume up/down and the power button.

Is the battery specific to the galaxy nexus or is it in any other samsung phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

have u tried a charger connected to a laptop/pc....
    Might be the old charging port issue and if it was dead, it wont turn back on until some charge in it....

have u tried a charger connected to a laptop/pc....
    Might be the old charging port issue and if it was dead, it wont turn back on until some charge in it....

I've tried that as well.

If it was a battery fault wouldn't the phone turn on when the battery is out and the phone connected to the power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

What if the battery is dead and there's a problem with the phone USB connector?

Try if you have a spare battery or if you know someone else who has it.

• Advertisement

I had the problem re only charging thru a PC/laptop.....Charging this way is way slower than the normal plug cable, so u would need to leave it there for at least half hour/hour....
    Then disconnect and try to turn on......

If it is this issue, you will need to leave it back in for repair (was free in my case)

coldfire1x wrote: »
    What if the battery is dead and there's a problem with the phone USB connector?

Try if you have a spare battery or if you know someone else who has it.

It's possible but I don't know anyone with a nexus and none of the phone shops I've tried have the batteries either.
    I had the problem re only charging thru a PC/laptop.....Charging this way is way slower than the normal plug cable, so u would need to leave it there for at least half hour/hour....
    Then disconnect and try to turn on......

If it is this issue, you will need to leave it back in for repair (was free in my case)

Where did you send it for repair?

I just checked the battery with a meter and it's fine, I've not come across an issue like this before.

54kroc wrote: »
    It's possible but I don't know anyone with a nexus and none of the phone shops I've tried have the batteries either.

Where did you send it for repair?

back to Vodafone who I bought it off...

Advertisement