Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite ST Temperature

Options
  • 17-10-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have Mira elite st shower that is 18 months old. Until recently the temperature has worked year round at the same setting. Now however I can only get a moderate heat when the temperature switch is turned up full, When I removed the unit cover I found black soot like stains on the left side of inside of the cover. The pump seems ok and the filter is clean.:( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards Lare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The black soot thing you see is the carbon from the motor brushes, thats just wear n tear, this time of the year you will need to turn your power settings to high as the cold water in your tank is getting colder and you will need to bring in the high stat to get warmer water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

The black soot thing you see is the carbon from the motor brushes, thats just wear n tear, this time of the year you will need to turn your power settings to high as the cold water in your tank is getting colder and you will need to bring in the high stat to get warmer water.
    I have the same shower and I have noticed the same issue. Do the bushings wear out?

Yes they do, they generally last on average 5 to 6 years of avrerage usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lare

Hi, The bushes issue sounds right, but i have the power setting at high for the last 18 months and had only to adjust the temp for winter, and never had to turn it to max, and now even at max I still only get warm not hot water. Regards Lare.

Check out the inlet filter, could b impeeding the supply, if thats clear then contact Modern Plant 014591344 as it is a warantee issue, the elite 2 has a two year warantee, and they will fix it under that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Have you cleaned the shower head for limescale build-up? You did not mention this in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lare

Thanks I'll call that number, I think now it's the heater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Did you resolve this issue in the end ? We have one of these in a spare room which has had f**k all use but has stopped knocking out hot water. When I turn the temp dial to cold the power of water increases and when I turn it opposite the power drops to a trickle and it's cold. Heater goosed I suppose ?

Did you resolve this issue in the end ? We have one of these in a spare room which has had f**k all use but has stopped knocking out hot water. When I turn the temp dial to cold the power of water increases and when I turn it opposite the power drops to a trickle and it's cold. Heater goosed I suppose ?

Clean out the inlet filter as a first duggestion, that will require you turning off the electrics n water, all instant showers have better pressure when turned to cold, the reason the pressure drops when turned to hot is because you are closing the flow valve to increase the lenght of time the water is passing over the heating element.

Advertisement