Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Sure they/he/her Created Jobs..." The Ultimate Irish Measure of Earthly Perfection?

• 17-10-2012 7:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else sick and bored to the tits of this overplayed Irish myth that if some individual or entity creates "jobs" - then they are therefore absolved from any wrongdoings until the end of the universe?

What is it about we Irish that creation of a job(s) is deemed some miracle achievement and the ultimate altuistic accolade any individual on this island is deserving of.

I know loads of people who never created a job in their lives (they were not able to) and are some of the finest human beings one could ever hope to pass through ones life.

Conversely...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Expected more from Our Lady tbf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Expected less from Fr Dougal Mc Guire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Is anyone else sick and bored to the tits of this overplayed Irish myth that if some individual or entity creates "jobs" - then they are therefore absolved from any wrongdoings until the end of the universe?

What is it about we Irish that creation of a job(s) is deemed some miracle achievement and the ultimate altuistic accolade any individual on this island is deserving of.

I know loads of people who never created a job in their lives (they were not able to) and are some of the finest human beings one could ever hope to pass through ones life.

Conversely...
    But did they create any jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Conversely...

Its the irish tendency to exaggerate I find annoying,

Its the irish tendency to exaggerate I find massively, utterly, totally annoying,
    fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I hear ya op. Its a throwback to the olden days. People see having control of others as the pinnacle of achievement. To have others do your bidding and provide for you is the best ya can do in life.

They think that if they own a business everyone should thank them for being so intelligent for allowing people to work for them. When the vast majority are simply sneaky fcuks who have managed to get into a position whereby they profit from the work of others.

Snakes and rats all of em. But every Joe Schmoe still dreams of being a rat and a snake it seems and will look on like an idiot thinking one day they will be living the good life at other peoples expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Tis a pity Jimmy Savile didn't create a few jobs.

Tis a pity Jimmy Savile didn't create a few jobs.
    His enquiries did make a fair few people some dough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The downside of americanism

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    The downside of americanism...
    sadly, he then had a stroke. No-one will ever know the nugget he was about to issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Its the irish tendency to exaggerate I find annoying,

Thats the millionth time you've said that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

The fact that knobs like Sean Gallagher can run for president on the back of hiring a few people in a chicken-packing factory in Cavan is annoying alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

Jobs are 'created' in order to procure a labour force for a business venture which makes the business more profitable. Fair enough. That's were it begins and ends.

Only in this country do you delude ourselves into believing the need for a labour force is an act of charity on behalf of the tycoon looking to get rich.

Advertisement