Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to switch from 3 unfortunately :(

Options
  • 17-10-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've been with 3 for the past year and unfortunately I'm forced to change networks due to the fact the coverage at my house is ridiculously bad. It was ok at the start, but then gradually got non existent. Its at the stage where I'll receive sms/calls hours after they were originally sent.

I'm on PAYG with 3 which is just an unbelievable deal imo. For €20 a month, I get 15GB data allowance(speeds are the best available i think), unlimited sms's(important for me), free 3 to 3 calls anytime, and unlimited any network calls during the weekend!

But since the coverage is dire where I live, I'm wondering what other networks would work out a good deal for a PAYG customer? I was with o2, vodafone for years as well and just changed due to the fact I was getting raped with their limited internet usage.

I don't want a bill contract so it has to be PAYG. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

How much data do you need?

Tesco, maybe? Uses the O2 network.

€10 credit gets you €10 "cash" credit and €10 "bonus" credit.
    €20 credit gets you €20 "cash" credit and €20 "bonus" credit.
    €30 credit gets you €30 "cash" credit and €30 "bonus" credit etc.
    Data is €6.99 per GB (tethering included).
    Calls and texts come out of your "bonus" credit first (20c/min and 10c/text) then out of your "cash" credit. "Bonus" credit does expire after 30 days however.

O2 also have a double your top-up promotion if you upgrade or port over to them although at €9.99 for 700MB they're a little more expensive.
    Plus no tethering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Kensington wrote: »
    How much data do you need?

Tesco, maybe? Uses the O2 network.

€10 credit gets you €10 "cash" credit and €10 "bonus" credit.
    €20 credit gets you €20 "cash" credit and €20 "bonus" credit.
    €30 credit gets you €30 "cash" credit and €30 "bonus" credit etc.
    Data is €6.99 per GB (tethering included).
    Calls and texts come out of your "bonus" credit first (20c/min and 10c/text) then out of your "cash" credit. "Bonus" credit does expire after 30 days however.

O2 also have a double your top-up promotion if you upgrade or port over to them although at €9.99 for 700MB they're a little more expensive.
    Plus no tethering.

About 1GB would be fine, but I'd need unlimited texts for business reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Think there's a €10 add-on for unlimited texts for 30-days.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tesco data is dire, dont touch em.

You could go O2, top up 20/mo, then spend 10E credit to get 700MB, and again if you need it. Still not a patch on three(I'm a customer too).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

ED E wrote: »
    Tesco data is dire, dont touch em.

You could go O2, top up 20/mo, then spend 10E credit to get 700MB, and again if you need it. Still not a patch on three(I'm a customer too).

Emobile unlimited everything at €35 a month seems to be the next best offer. You'd have to go contract though. Although you'd get a snazzy new phone in the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What about 48months?

http://www.48months.ie/internet

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He's mentioned he's business, 48 have had significant downtime in only a few months of service, not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Emobile unlimited everything at €35 a month seems to be the next best offer. You'd have to go contract though. Although you'd get a snazzy new phone in the process

Actually scratch the contract part, there's a thread on Bargain Alerts about a €32 per month rolling contract from emobile that's unlimited.

Advertisement