Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road to Rio 2016 - Irish Olympic News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not much Irish prospects going into these Championships, but still looking forward to the week. Hope to catch good bit of action. No exams to worry me this week for change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This time last year ...

Great memories. One year on from London, three years until Rio.

Lets hope we have more medals to celebrate in 2016. A long way to go, but fingers crossed that some of the athletes mentioned on this thread (and others) can go all the way.

Watched that fight again today. My nerves were shot after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

For anyone interested I do a sporting stats and trivia blog. mainly football but here's the olympic sports you might be interested in

http://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/category/olympics/

Reversing a long way back down the Road to Rio, this programme might be interesting, Wednesday at 6.30 on BBC2 ...

Moscow: The Cold War Olympics
    Steve Cram examines how the 1980 Moscow Games brought about change in the Olympic movement. The event came to symbolise the intensity of the Cold War between East and West, with America leading a boycott in protest at the USSR's invasion of Afghanistan and medals becoming the currency of political propaganda
    Category Documentary
    Cast
    Presenter Steve Cram (IMDB)
    BBC2 N Ireland 6:30pm-7:00pm (30 minutes) Wed 14 Aug

Read more at http://www.tvnow.ie/detail.asp?id=6005895#SrVbwk11RBJQdJkt.99

Good news is that Gregan is through to semi final in 400 metres. Also it was half second slower than his personal best so room for improvement, but he really is up against it if he wants to make final. Maybe bridge too far, but good for future.

Gregan finished 7th in semi final today.

Having read up on his injuries he had this year I have to say he has bright future if those injuries disappear.

Seeing comments after the race he seems upbeat and felt championships came little too soon so hope for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rob Heffernan leading 50km walk with 37kms gone

Gogogogo

Waiting for split time updates on IAAF site, it's like the sailing at the Olympics all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Almost there now, gold and glory awaits!! Come on Rob!!

Just needs to stay on his feet and avoid warnings....

Gold!

Amazing feeling watching that this morning. Couldn't happen to a more deserving athlete who has been working away season after season in search of success. Today he finally achieved his goal. Congratulations Rob! World Champion, great to be able to say that.

GOLD - Robert Heffernan!!
    WORLD CHAMPION 50km Walk

Dan man wrote: »
    Amazing feeling watching that this morning. Couldn't happen to a more deserving athlete who has been working away season after season in search of success. Today he finally achieved his goal. Congratulations Rob! World Champion, great to be able to say that.

GOLD - Robert Heffernan!!
    WORLD CHAMPION 50km Walk

So good to see Dan man's coloured text medal announcements again - especially for an Irish World Champion!

So happy for Rob. He has come so close to a medal before. No-one deserves it more.

Made of some stuff.

I always remember when he was asked about the disappointment of missing out on medal by saying "I won the race for fourth" in relation to battle he had for 4th or 5th.

He always seemed to have such positive attitude and instead of feeling sorry for himself and looking for sympathy he went out and made sure he was going to get medal this time around.

Had you said he get bronze I have been over the moon.

Even in my wildest predication I thought he would not win gold.

On another note this has to be massive boost for Irish athletics.

Just what they needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Picture of Rob Heffernan from thescore.ie just to give people an indication of the dedication this man shows to try get himself in the best condition to compete in the top events. Really hope he can claim a deserved medal in the upcoming worlds. Just look at his condition

robheff-2-512x500.jpg

Have to say today's news has made my day. Couldnt happen to a nicer and more dedicated fellow. Well done Rob!

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying we have won 1 Gold, and 2 Silver in the walking events since 2003?

Thats pretty dam impressive since we never had history before.

Am I right in saying we have won 1 Gold, and 2 Silver in the walking events since 2003?

Thats pretty dam impressive since we never had history before.

Yeah, it reads very well.From Dodge's blog ...

2003 20k Walk Gillian O’Sullivan Silver
    2009 20k Walk Olive Loughnane Silver
    2013 50k Walk Robert Heffernan Gold

http://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/ireland-at-the-world-athletics-championship/

Another athlete I remember from a few years earlier is Jimmy McDonald from Wexford, who came 6th in the Barcelona in the 20k walk

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/mc/jimmy-mcdonald-1.html

As well as their World Championships medals, Gillian O'Sullivan was placed 10th in Sydney and Olive Loughnane came 7th in Beijing. Rob Heffernan has had three separate Top 10 Olympic finishes

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/os/gillian-osullivan-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/lo/olive-loughnane-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/he/robbie-heffernan-1.html

Irish Athletes in general, and specifically Rob Heffernan, have been building up to this Gold for a long time. Let's hope our great run period of success in the Walking events continues!

I mean it should be event we look at to future. We have had 3 world class walkers competing this century, bar our boxers it's our best succes in world stage.

I Am extremely proud to be Irish today.

It's funny that days like today cheer you up. Got to see last 15 minutes in the race while in bed and had spring in my step all day.

The fact he comes across with such a positive attitude though makes him little more special.

Nobody can ever take it away that he is Workd Champion.

I mean it should be event we look at to future. We have had 3 world class walkers competing this century, bar our boxers it's our best succes in world stage.

I Am extremely proud to be Irish today.

It's funny that days like today cheer you up. Got to see last 15 minutes in the race while in bed and had spring in my step all day.

The fact he comes across with such a positive attitude though makes him little more special.

Nobody can ever take it away that he is Workd Champion.

Ah he is brilliant and such an affable, unassuming gent. An Irish Mo Farah if you like.

2nd top class sportsman to come out of Togher after Denis Irwin. Puts an extra spring in the step when its such a decent hardworking fellow that has had such a fantastic achievement

Ah he is brilliant and such an affable, unassuming gent. An Irish Mo Farah if you like.

2nd top class sportsman to come out of Togher after Denis Irwin. Puts an extra spring in the step when its such a decent hardworking fellow that has had such a fantastic achievement

Being compared to Mo Farah is a very good one and they do have such likeable traits as people.

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, it reads very well.From Dodge's blog ...

2003 20k Walk Gillian O’Sullivan Silver
    2009 20k Walk Olive Loughnane Silver
    2013 50k Walk Robert Heffernan Gold

http://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/ireland-at-the-world-athletics-championship/

Another athlete I remember from a few years earlier is Jimmy McDonald from Wexford, who came 6th in the Barcelona in the 20k walk

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/mc/jimmy-mcdonald-1.html

As well as their World Championships medals, Gillian O'Sullivan was placed 10th in Sydney and Olive Loughnane came 7th in Beijing. Rob Heffernan has had three separate Top 10 Olympic finishes

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/os/gillian-osullivan-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/lo/olive-loughnane-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/he/robbie-heffernan-1.html

Irish Athletes in general, and specifically Rob Heffernan, have been building up to this Gold for a long time. Let's hope our great run period of success in the Walking events continues!

And remember Kate Veale won the world youth gold medal in 2011. We have achieved so much in the walking discipline in recent years....long may it continue.

• Advertisement

Keep in mind everyone that Rob's medal ceremony is live on BBC and Eurosport at 5:45pm this evening. I can't wait, going to be a great moment.

RIO2016

Moving-picture-Ireland-flag-waving-in-wind-animated-gif-1.gifQualification Update Moving-picture-Ireland-flag-waving-in-wind-animated-gif-1.gif

There is a long way to go until the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and believe it or not, qualification for some Irish athletes officially began last night and bizarrely this journey begins in the Faroe Islands :D. This kicks off what should be the first of many Irish qualification updates over the course of this Olympic cycle. The Irish men's soccer team have set out on the long road to the Olympics with qualification underway for the men's U-21 European Championships to be held in Czech Republic in 2015.
    Ireland are in Group 6 alongside Germany, Romania, Montenegro and the Faroe Islands. The group winners will advance to the qualification play-offs alongside the 4 best-placed runner-up teams across 10 groups.
    If the Irish are to make it to the Rio Olympics they must first negotiate their way through this qualification group and subsequently qualify for the European Championships in 2015 via the play-offs. Then they must reach the semi-finals of that tournament in order to book their ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games, nothing else will do. It's a long and daunting road ahead but they have made a positive start by opening up their campaign with a comfortable 4-1 victory away against group minnows Faroe Islands.
    Some other good news is that the Faroes have already taken points from one of our rivals by drawing 2-2 with Romania back in June.

Group 6|
    P
    | W | D | L | F | A |+/-|PTS
    Ireland-Flag.pngIreland|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +3
    |

Montenegro-Flag.pngMontenegro|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +3
    |

Romania-Flag.pngRomania|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Faroes-Flag.pngFaroe Islands|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Germany-Flag.pngGermany|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group 6 Results/Fixtures:

07 Jun. 2013 Faroe Islands 2-2 Romania
    11 Jun. 2013 Montenegro 3-0 Faroe Islands
    14 Aug. 2013 Faroe Islands 1-4 Ireland
    06 Sep. 2013 Faroe Islands vs Germany
    09 Sep. 2013 Ireland vs Germany
    10 Sep. 2013 Montenegro vs Romania
    11 Oct. 2013 Romania vs Ireland
    11 Oct. 2013 Germany vs Montenegro
    15 Oct. 2013 Germany vs Faroe Islands
    15 Oct. 2013 Ireland vs Romania
    15 Nov. 2013 Montenegro vs Germany
    15 Nov. 2013 Ireland vs Faroe Islands
    19 Nov. 2013 Romania vs Germany
    19 Nov. 2013 Montenegro vs Ireland
    05 Mar. 2014 Romania vs Faroe Islands
    05 Mar. 2014 Ireland vs Montenegro
    04 Sep. 2014 Romania vs Montenegro
    05 Sep. 2014 Germany vs Ireland
    09 Sep. 2014 Germany vs Romania
    09 Sep. 2014 Faroe Islands vs Montenegro

[
    There is a long way to go until the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and believe it or not, qualification for some Irish athletes officially began last night and bizarrely this journey begins in the Faroe Islands :D. This kicks off what should be the first of many Irish qualification updates over the course of this Olympic cycle. The Irish men's soccer team have set out on the long road to the Olympics with qualification underway for the men's U-21 European Championships to be held in Czech Republic in 2015.
    Ireland are in Group 6 alongside Germany, Romania, Montenegro and the Faroe Islands. The group winners will advance to the qualification play-offs alongside the 4 best-placed runner-up teams across 10 groups.
    If the Irish are to make it to the Rio Olympics they must first negotiate their way through this qualification group and subsequently qualify for the European Championships in 2015 via the play-offs. Then they must reach the semi-finals of that tournament in order to book their ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games, nothing else will do. It's a long and daunting road ahead but they have made a positive start by opening up their campaign with a comfortable 4-1 victory away against group minnows Faroe Islands.
    Some other good news is that the Faroes have already taken points from one of our rivals by drawing 2-2 with Romania back in June.

Hypothetically should we qualify, whats the rule with picking fully capped Northern Ireland players given that Team Ireland will be under the Irish Olympic Committee which normally can pick representatives from both the North and Republic in other sports?

The Republic on the other hand could well qualify for the tournament but can we pick from the North also or will FIFA intervene? If the North were to qualify for the Euros how does it work then?

Hypothetically should we qualify, whats the rule with picking fully capped Northern Ireland players given that Team Ireland will be under the Irish Olympic Committee which normally can pick representatives from both the North and Republic in other sports?

The Republic on the other hand could well qualify for the tournament but can we pick from the North also or will FIFA intervene? If the North were to qualify for the Euros how does it work then?

It's a sticky situation alright, a bit like the GB football debacle that seemed to go on and on prior to the London Olympics.
    If the Republic of Ireland qualify then there is no big fuss, they will simply represent Ireland at Rio and it's doubtful if they'd get away with picking players from Northern Ireland without the IFA (Northern Ireland football association) kicking up a storm.
    If Northern Ireland reach the semis of the Euro U21 tournament in 2015 then I think the whole situation is less clear. Best guess is that the quota place will be re-distributed to another country since it would be too messy to resolve who gets the quota spot and who plays for what team. It's a very interesting thought though. But so far there is nothing to worry about since Northern Ireland have made a bad start to the campaign, going down 3-0 against Cyprus in Nicosia in a group that also contains Belgium, Serbia and Italy :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I see Rob Heffernan has been saying he has no intention of retiring from competitive race walking just yet. Is Rio a realistic goal for him or is it likely to be just out of reach? I think he would be 38 by then.

• Advertisement

I see Rob Heffernan has been saying he has no intention of retiring from competitive race walking just yet. Is Rio a realistic goal for him or is it likely to be just out of reach? I think he would be 38 by then.

In terms of competitive 50km race walking, Rob can be considered to be currently in his prime at 35 years of age, especially since he has only been racing that distance for the last 3 years. I think another 3 years wouldn't be too much of a stretch but you never know what's going to happen by the turn of the week, nevermind 3 years from now.
    So his age I don't think will be a defining factor, but it will be difficult I admit to keep at that level for a prolonged period....just hoping he can ride the crest of this wave for another 3 years into Rio.
    And no matter what he does now, Rob has achieved greatness. World champion, still sounds as good as it did the first time I said it.

4th three times in a major championships including Olympic games and some would feel sorry for themselves(who could blame them).

But his attitude has always been first class. It shows if you keep believing and work hard you can get the reward.

Not just in sport but all walks of life.

On another note what do people make of comments by Sonia O Sullivan about the fact she is not happy with Irish athletics pulling out and not trying and said Heffernan Gold clouds that.

4th three times in a major championships including Olympic games and some would feel sorry for themselves(who could blame them).

But his attitude has always been first class. It shows if you keep believing and work hard you can get the reward.

Not just in sport but all walks of life.

On another note what do people make of comments by Sonia O Sullivan about the fact she is not happy with Irish athletics pulling out and not trying and said Heffernan Gold clouds that.

I think O'Sullivan is bang on the money with her comments recently and it is correct to say that Heffernan's heroics will likely paper over the cracks of what has been an appalling championships by the rest of our athletes. Serious issues need to be addressed about why the performances were so poor (poorer even than some bleak years in recent times).
    Brendan Boyce must be saluted too for a terrific performance in the 50km walk. He improved on his 29th place in the Olympics by setting a new PB in 25th place this tome. That's progress and a step in the right direction. He's got years ahead of him in the event too.

As expected, RTE have secured the Irish broadcast rights to Rio 2016.

http://www.rte.ie/presspack/2013/08/16/rte-secures-comprehensive-broadcast-rights-for-2016-olympic-games/?platform=47
    RTÉ has successfully secured exclusive live free-to-air television broadcast rights for Rio 2016. In addition, RTÉ Sport has also secured broadcast rights for television highlights coverage, radio coverage comprising both live and highlights broadcasts, and comprehensive digital coverage with live, highlights, simulcast and catch-up packages across online and mobile platforms for Rio 2016.

I will for sure take 1 week off work for Rio 2016, most likely the 2nd week. I cant wait already.

Seems so long away though.:(

The IOC have uploaded some nice video on their official Youtube channel recently. Lots of interesting London 2012 action and some old archive material.

Here is some footage of Dr. Pat O'Callaghan winning his first Olympic Gold, in Amsterdam 1928.

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic/videos

I will for sure take 1 week off work for Rio 2016, most likely the 2nd week. I cant wait already.

Seems so long away though.:(

Planning well ahead in advance of the Games, only way to do it! :D
    So who's going to Rio then? Anyone have the slightest notion of actually heading out to watch the Olympics in Brazil?

Planning well ahead in advance of the Games, only way to do it! :D
    So who's going to Rio then? Anyone have the slightest notion of actually heading out to watch the Olympics in Brazil?

I would think about it honestly..

2 drawbacks...1 is the Football European Championships are on that year. Competition is going to have 24 from 16 teams which gives Ireland decent chance to go

the second is who knows what or where I be then

But if I can afford it I will go for the second week there.

i wont really know till late 2015 though...if here and all ye be first to know.:)

The IOC have uploaded some nice video on their official Youtube channel recently. Lots of interesting London 2012 action and some old archive material.

Here is some footage of Dr. Pat O'Callaghan winning his first Olympic Gold, in Amsterdam 1928.

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic/videos

Wow. He was up against a few tanks in that and beat them.

Wow. He was up against a few tanks in that and beat them.

Yes, by all accounts Dr.Pat was a much admired technical thrower.

It is widely believed that Hitler sent film crews to Ireland to film Pat O'Callaghan's technique.

I don't know if the films were ever recovered, but there was a search for them carried out recently
    “It appears Hitler wanted to know why the Irish were so good, so he arranged to have the athletes filmed so that their training regime could be analysed.

“We believe this was done before the 1936 Games and there is a suggestion that Hitler’s propaganda filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl may have been involved and we are seeking to clarify that.”

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/olympian-task-hunt-to-find-hitlers-films-of-irish-hammer-throwers-secret-178832.html

You couldn't make it up. It's a shame the Irish Hammer throwing tradition has fallen back since then. Some more articles about the O'Callaghan/Hitler Hammer incident here.

http://www.exberliner.com/features/lifestyle/ireland-wants-hitlers-old-sports-movies/

http://www.joe.ie/dumb-it-down/so-whats-the-story-with-hitler-spying-on-irish-olympic-athletes/

• Advertisement

Yes, by all accounts Dr.Pat was a much admired technical thrower.

It is widely believed that Hitler sent film crews to Ireland to film Pat O'Callaghan's technique.

I don't know if the films were ever recovered, but there was a search for them carried out recently

Interesting. I had learned back in the school days that Hitler believed that the Germans were the greatest race to ever grace the earth and that there was no equal to them or was that his propaganda machine in action?

Interesting. I had learned back in the school days that Hitler believed that the Germans were the greatest race to ever grace the earth and that there was no equal to them or was that his propaganda machine in action?

I wouldn't claim to know much about it, to be honest. I think he was pragmatic enough to learn from other countries' methods in private, regardless of his public statements. That seemed to be his attitude to the Shot-Put anyway!

Pat O'Callaghan never got the chance to win a third Gold Medal in Berlin 1936. No Irish team travelled because of a dispute between the Irish and British Athletic Associations about our official recognition. He went on to smash the World Record in 1937, so it is likely he would have had a great chance in Berlin.

The Irish men's and women's hockey teams are currently in action at the European Championships this week with a place at the 2014 Hockey World Cup at stake.
    Ireland's men have made a very impressive start in Belgium, losing narrowly to the heavily fancied Dutch 2-1 before comfortably beating Poland 4-2. They next play England on Wednesday where a victory would not only send them into the semi-finals but would likely secure World Cup qualification also.

Pool B|
    P
    | W | D | L | F |A|+/-|PTS
    Netherlands|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +2
    |

England|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +2
    |

Ireland|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |

Poland|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

The Irish women have also had a mixed start to their campaign in the Netherlands, going down 6-0 against the hosts before bouncing back with a good 3-2 win over Belarus. They now face Belgium tomorrow in what may turn out to be a winner takes all encounter with a potential semi-final spot and World Cup qualifying berth on the line. Ireland need victory to keep their World Cup dream alive. You might remember that Belgium defeated Ireland in the Olympic qualifying play-off last spring to deny the Irish a place at London 2012.

Pool A|
    P
    | W | D | L | F |A|+/-|PTS
    Netherlands|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +6
    |

Belgium|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +4
    |

Ireland|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Belarus|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

On Saturday a decision on the venue for 2020 will be made. Will it be Spain with its economic problems, Turkey with its political ones, or Japan with its seismic problems?

feargale wrote: »
    On Saturday a decision on the venue for 2020 will be made. Will it be Spain with its economic problems, Turkey with its political ones, or Japan with its seismic problems?

It was my choice I would go for Tokyo. They should be able to deliver an efficient, successful Games on budget. And to have two Olympics in eight years in Europe would be a bit much. I am no scientist, but hopefully their recent nuclear and seismic difficulties wouldn't impact greatly on Tokyo.

Having said that, the favourites haven't won the last two bidding processes. It is very difficult to predict what the IOC delegates want. London won the last time out because they had a very slick presentation and lobbying campaign.

For personal reasons Spain, but Tokyo looks the obvious winner. Well to me anyway.

Irish sailor Annalise Murphy has won gold at the European Laser Radial Championships in Dun Laoighaire. She dominated the opposition all week with numerous 1st places and coasted to the gold medal in today's final medal races. Awesome performance by Annalise and she has beaten the best of the best this week in Dublin Bay. Of all of her main rivals, only the Chinese Olympic champion was missing from the fleet. She can go to the World Championships later this year (in China) brimming with confidence.

The tricolour being brought to Annalise after her victory in the final race:

BTfN0yUIUAAV5MQ.jpg

Annalise being lifted out of the water to begin her celebrations on dry land: (photo courtesy of Gareth Craig)

BTfUKeiCQAEKTJE.jpg

Not to forget either that up and coming talent Finn Lynch has just won a World Championship bronze medal in Dublin Bay today, competing in the non-Olympic men's laser radial category. He also collects a European silver and U21 gold as the championships were being run simultaneously. Super performance by Finn, the 17-year-old has a very bright future ahead of him. He was World Youth Silver medallist also from last year.
    A very good day for Irish sailing!

RIO2016

Moving-picture-Ireland-flag-waving-in-wind-animated-gif-1.gifQualification Update Moving-picture-Ireland-flag-waving-in-wind-animated-gif-1.gif

Nothing major to report. Group 6 rivals Germany as expected got off to winning ways against the Faroe Islands in Torshavn today. The final score was 0-3.
    Ireland face Germany at the Showgrounds in Sligo on Monday. Kick-off is at 7:45pm.

Group 6|
    P
    | W | D | L | F | A |+/-|PTS
    Ireland-Flag.pngIreland|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +3
    |

Germany-Flag.pngGermany|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +3
    |

Montenegro-Flag.pngMontenegro|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +3
    |

Romania-Flag.pngRomania|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Faroes-Flag.pngFaroe Islands|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Group 6 Results/Fixtures:

07 Jun. 2013 Faroe Islands 2-2 Romania
    11 Jun. 2013 Montenegro 3-0 Faroe Islands
    14 Aug. 2013 Faroe Islands 1-4 Ireland
    06 Sep. 2013 Faroe Islands 0-3 Germany
    09 Sep. 2013 Ireland vs Germany
    10 Sep. 2013 Montenegro vs Romania
    11 Oct. 2013 Romania vs Ireland
    11 Oct. 2013 Germany vs Montenegro
    15 Oct. 2013 Germany vs Faroe Islands
    15 Oct. 2013 Ireland vs Romania
    15 Nov. 2013 Montenegro vs Germany
    15 Nov. 2013 Ireland vs Faroe Islands
    19 Nov. 2013 Romania vs Germany
    19 Nov. 2013 Montenegro vs Ireland
    05 Mar. 2014 Romania vs Faroe Islands
    05 Mar. 2014 Ireland vs Montenegro
    04 Sep. 2014 Romania vs Montenegro
    05 Sep. 2014 Germany vs Ireland
    09 Sep. 2014 Germany vs Romania
    09 Sep. 2014 Faroe Islands vs Montenegro

• Advertisement

TOKYO 2020
    I hereby declare that the Games of the XXXII Olympiad are to be awarded to the city of Tokyo!!

Advertisement