Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water up over the edge at Spanish Arch

Options
  • 17-10-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

Mr O'Bumble reports that the river is up over the walls at Spanish Arch tonight. He didn't have a camera :(

Anyone get photos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Mr O'Bumble reports that the river is up over the walls at Spanish Arch tonight. He didn't have a camera :(

Anyone get photos?

walked by tamarind a couple of hours ago, water was very high although not spilling over. It may have been the other side of the arch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Over the walls of the Spanish arch? Goodness that is very very high indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lilyscribbles

On the way down now to have a look. What an exciting existance I do lead.
    Pics on the way :)

L x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lilyscribbles

Nope it's gone right down to a really low level again. *sigh*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dagnabbit i was hoping there'd be photos oh well :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In fairness, the water goes over the quay wall at spanish arch a few times a year on high tides, not exactly something to get excited about...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't think i've ever seen it, will have to go check some tide times and moons i suppose, thanks Seaneh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Don't think i've ever seen it, will have to go check some tide times and moons i suppose, thanks Seaneh

If a very big swell is forecast and there's a storm it can be exceptionally high and the council will put up barriers along the quay wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Seaneh wrote: »
    In fairness, the water goes over the quay wall at spanish arch a few times a year on high tides, not exactly something to get excited about...

True!
    Flood Street is aptly named because of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's not a once off. Spring tide combined with low pressure = high water!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Lucky there wasn't a storm. Tide is very high of late.

Advertisement