Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you think of this??? Who got the job???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Armelodie wrote: »

Hold on a second there now, I think you meant, "... it makes everyone involved in teacher recruitment look bad." Which really is what the OP was getting at, (even though I'd disagree with him on other points).
    No, I meant it the way I said it. Many people are making out that schools are closed shops who cherry pick who's to be promoted based on political clout rather than ability while those who get overlooked plot and scheme and gripe because they had "seniority" or they had a masters in something or other.

It's making the whole lot of us look like we're greedy, self-centred cranks more interested in attacking the system than doing our jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Just a word of warning to everyone to be careful to stay on topic and attack the post not the poster. Though Id prefer no attacking at all :)

Personally I don't think any of us can draw a conclusion as to how prevelant or widespread poor promotional practice is going on. The nature of teaching, with the exception of part time teachers, means most teachers stay in one school for most of their teaching career and their opinion is based on that one staff room.

I have experienced bad promotional and recruitment procedures in some schools, in others they have been excellent and transparent. I still don't feel I can draw a conclusion about the whole system one way or the other based on the five schools I have experience in. I could say that 2/5 schools had excellent and transparent recruitment/promotional practices but that doesn't mean that 60% of the schools in the country have bad ones, simply that in my opinion three of the schools I've taught in could have improved theirs

Advertisement