Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptopsdirect.ie

• 17-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

just want a bit of reassurance. I have always bought my laptops instore having done the research online. Now I was looking at the argos.ie site.....they have a lot of Toshiba's greatly discounted. Unfortunately it seems they are out of stock on the models I wanted. (Argos is preferred as we have E200 in credit there atm) However on another thread this laptop was recommended from laptopsdirect.ie.

My question is....how reliable is this online retailer? I haven't bought form them and don't personally know anyone who has.

We have had a decent run of luck with Toshiba's and were looking at sticking with them. It is for work related stuff. (The Missus is a secondary school teacher so- Powerpoint, audio visual presentation, light photo/video editing) Budget is under E400-500.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Perfectly reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

I bought my laptop from them 2 years ago. Paid for it and had it within a few days. It came from the UK. Couldn't have been any better in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

dmc17 wrote: »
    I bought my laptop from them 2 years ago. Paid for it and had it within a few days. It came from the UK. Couldn't have been any better in my experience.
    Have a Toshiba netbook for over a year. Great build quality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Thanks for the very prompt replies.
    I assumed it was OK as it was recommended here.......missus wanted to see recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

sffc wrote: »
    Have a Toshiba netbook for over a year. Great build quality :)

Mine's actually a HP but I would certainly buy a Toshiba. Good thing about the HP though is that it doubles up as a heater for the winter :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement