Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored in Greystones!

Options
  • 17-10-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've moved down to Greystones temporarily, probably for the Winter time. I work from home, and dear God am I bored at this stage. I'm used to working in a nice studio in the city centre with other people.

I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on things to do around the place? I don't drive at the moment so that could be a problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Let us know what your interests are and maybe we can suggest some activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Let us know what your interests are and maybe we can suggest some activities.

Do you like photography? :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Walking, Hiking, Cycling, Swimming, Tag Rugby, Athletics, Yoga ...
    Painting, Photography, Wildlife watching (Bird Sanctuaries in Kilcoole & Newcastle)
    Bars (limited), Music (getting better ... Hotspot, Dans)
    Jump on the Dart and see various parts of Dublin/Wicklow from Greystones to Howth ....

Being bored is a state of mind brought on by lack of imagination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Take driving lessons, two birds, one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Well The East Coast Cyclones ( Wicklows Roller Derby Team ) are always looking for new members. You dont have to participate in the Sport as we always need people in the abck ground. Or skate and be part of the team too. Great bunch of people and lots and lots of fun.

You will find us on Facebook or eastcoastcyclones@gmail.com

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

Thanks for the replies folks. Nice to see some suggestions but also a bit disheartening to see 'ironing' and 'take the train somewhere else' as some of the suggestions ;)

Rollerderby looks like a laugh but I'm a guy so I think that counts me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Overthrow wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies folks. Nice to see some suggestions but also a bit disheartening to see 'ironing' and 'take the train somewhere else' as some of the suggestions ;)

Well how about Tennis, Soccer, Gaelic football and Hurling, Rugby, Golf.
    Having a pint, a nice walk around the seafront. Fishing. God the place is full of clubs and things to do if you are ready to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

two more a tad bored in greystones, one an artist/photographer and the other a social worker retired but not in mind! what about a club 'bored in greystones meetUP! we will host for starters how tha sound? oldlegs welcomed but he aint that bored!

oldlegs - the sister doesnt believe that boredom is a 'state of mind lacking in imagination' er, i do, SO first topic of 'bored in greystones meetUP (club) ISSSSSS boredom due to lack of imagination, nice brown table for six with extensive area to sit and chat and more besides, to discuss er, more than six chairs 'hundreds of chairs' bit of exagg but still debate is imminent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Mr Diamond

I wish I had the time to be bored.
    There's too much to do! I work from home in Greystones too and while it can get a bit solitary at times, it still feels like I'm on holiday everytime I go out the door. Its a really lovely place.

Overthrow - what do you do? You mention a studio in the city so I'm guessing its something creative? I'd be interested in hearing what you discover as I'm looking for something along the creative lines to do in the town too. Writing or art, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Overthrow wrote: »

LMAO at Oldlegs sugestion of Ironing as a pastime :D Nice one
    If anyone does this for enjoyment, I am willing to open up my house for weekly meets and I'll even provide all the equipment, including shirts etc., and maybe even a cup of tea at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

not sure if its your thing but Greystones Yoga up on the Main St is really good, I've been going for a couple of years and I love it. Theres a mens class on Mondays but also a good few regular guys in the other classes. Theres also frequent weekend workshops and guest instructors.
    http://www.greystonesyoga.ie/

the discussion has now 'run cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ratticus

buy a surfboard and go down to brittas bay

Advertisement