Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build 500e

Options
  • 17-10-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got a GoPro Hero HD2 2weeks ago and i wanted to try some video editing, using pinnacle studio 16, of the clips (mostly Motorsport). However, i'm new to editing and know very little about computers. My laptop is a Dell XPS M1330 (about 4yrs old) but does not seem to be able to deal with the clips, is very slow processing changes and any altering i do. (lad at work said my laptop might not be able for it so i'm here)

SO below

1. What is your budget? 500-550e

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing Pinnacle Studio 16, streaming and youtube

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Possibily (can i use vista disc from my laptop?)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Will get one my self later

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 21' LED Samsung

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wifi enabled, HDMI port and Sd Card Reader, DVD burner

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Never heard of it till i read it here but will if recommended by people?

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser - any method don't mind

9. When are you purchasing? End of November

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kildare and i would like someone to build it for me, cost for this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement