Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Obsession

• 17-10-2012 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

What is the object among Irish women with puffer jackets? Everywhere I turn I see one...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

deanlandon wrote: »
    What is the object among Irish women with puffer jackets? Everywhere I turn I see one...

They are very warm. Considering we live in a cold country they are a sensible choice in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I second that, @mood.

I've not got one but I envy those who do.. sometimes with our climate you got to just keep warm and any item that delivers that has got a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

They're warm.

I have a quilted North Face jacket I wouldn't go outside the door without this time of year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They're warm and waterproof. I love mine! Keeps me toasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

deanlandon wrote: »

Ireland doesn't have obsession with them. Try mainland Europe and you will see proper obsession. :D

I was in Hanover last year in November and was probably the only woman there who wasn't wearing puffer coat and knee high, low heal, riding or some other type boots. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to say I'm not a fan... I think a lot of the time they look a bit like a lagging jacket for a boiler... But then, I'm sure a lot of people don't like my coat that keeps me super toasty in winter, so it's all good. The main thing is they keep people warm, and sometimes that has to surpass the stylishness of an outfit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

meeeeh wrote: »
    Ireland doesn't have obsession with them. Try mainland Europe and you will see proper obsession. :D

I was in Hanover last year in November and was probably the only woman there who wasn't wearing puffer coat and knee high, low heal, riding or some other type boots. :D

I agree 100%. Whenever I go on city breaks in winter the majority of women are wearing them. I don't particularly like them but the are practical for our winters. I would love a new nice one.

I got mine in Zara about two years ago, and it has a belt on the waist. I think it's quite stylish looking! They usually have short ones in too, but mine is just at the knee for extra warmth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have to say I'm not a fan... I think a lot of the time they look a bit like a lagging jacket for a boiler... But then, I'm sure a lot of people don't like my coat that keeps me super toasty in winter, so it's all good. The main thing is they keep people warm, and sometimes that has to surpass the stylishness of an outfit!

My mum has an ankle-length one and I actually call it her lagging jacket, it's awful.

However, my sister has a gorgeous fitted one that's really flattering, it's nipped in at the waist with a belt and the seams on it are chevron rather than horizontal. I've worn it to rugby matches and it really is toasty warm. They're definitely very casual, though, I wouldn't be wearing one on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deanlandon

Twee. wrote: »
    I got mine in Zara about two years ago, and it has a belt on the waist. I think it's quite stylish looking! They usually have short ones in too, but mine is just at the knee for extra warmth!

What type is it? Brand? Do you have picture of jacket?

• Advertisement

The brand is Zara. This pic is from the What Did You Wear thread here, can't fully see it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69347537&postcount=131

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

you should go to Italy then! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pinkpetal

I'm on the search for a nice one before the real cold weather hits, has anyone seen any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Dunnes have nice ones of various styles - hip length, 3/4 length, fitted, collared, belted, un-belted.

They range from e35 upwards as far as I know.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 ericalandon

I love the northface jackets - where can I get them in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

They are hideous and it doesn't matter how cold it may get !! I hate them and just don't understand why they have been a bestseller for the last three year's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love the northface jackets - where can I get them in dublin?

53 Degrees North in Blanchardstown SC have them. Sometime TK Maxx will have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Valentina wrote: »
    53 Degrees North in Blanchardstown SC have them. Sometime TK Maxx will have them too.

Our local TKMaxx(Letterkenny) has a good few at the minute, but i have a couple of North Face coats and they seem to be cheaper in the actual outdoor shops than in TKMaxx

Advertisement