Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zamberlan or Meindl

Options
  • 17-10-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I am torn between buying some Zamberlan Baffin and Meindl Burma - mostly for hill / bog with some scrambling. Has anyone got any experience of the 2 pairs? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I have a pair of Meindl Burma boots. I'm very happy with them.

I have know very little about Zamberlan, apart from the fact that they appear to be getting very good reviews http://www.amazon.co.uk/zamberlan-Sports-Outdoors/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A318949011%2Ck%3AZamberlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

aquanaut wrote: »
    I am torn between buying some Zamberlan Baffin and Meindl Burma - mostly for hill / bog with some scrambling. Has anyone got any experience of the 2 pairs? Thanks

both quality boots try them on and see which ones fit best

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had some Zamberlan boots once, and they were excellent, if a little stiff in the sole, but that might have just been the particular model I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

both seem to have their pros and cons. I found the Zamberlan didn't have as much ankle support. I found the Meindl very stiff. Round 2 of testing! Thanks guys

Well just done round 2 including a very technical assault on the shop stair case and the Meindl have won!

• Advertisement

aquanaut wrote: »
    Well just done round 2 including a very technical assault on the shop stair case and the Meindl have won!

Bought the Meindl Burma yesterday and started breaking in - more than happy with the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I bought a pair of Zamberlans over 25 years ago, still have them. Bulletproof.

Recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

MadsL wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Zamberlans over 25 years ago, still have them. Bulletproof.

Recommend.

That's impressive.

I hope you don't mind me asking you if the the boots saw regular use over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

That's impressive.

I hope you don't mind me asking you if the the boots saw regular use over the years?

At best occassional, probably five years of heavy use, I was very keen hillwalker and climber until a 40' fall cracked C6. Took it a lot easier since.

However, all leather upper and vibram soles are still in very good condition after the equivalent of say six years heavy use.

If they haven't outsourced to China, I recommend the Zamberlans.

Advertisement