Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!!

Options
  • 17-10-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I live in Avourven, Drogheda, off platin road just past the train tracks ( after John's centra) on the way to M1.

Every day or twice a day an older man comes in with his greyhounds (3) into the estate and lets them do their business anywhere they want. He doesn't live here so he thinks it's okay to ''dump''. They walk thru the green field- the only attraction that the young kids here have since the playgrounds promised were neer started and probably never will. I've tried giving the looks - even pretended to film him. He doesn't care.

Many of us here have dogs- including myself-and all of us make the effort of cleaning up. Several people walk down platin road and let their dogs do their business and don't clean up but he is the worse. I don't want my child to get sick and I can't let him stop playing outside either.

Can I erect signs myself? who do i call? i'm just over the line where louth is finished and meath starts

disgusted and concerned

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Litter warden might have jurisdiction here.

And they are generally quite keen too. Rang them a couple of times when a small field beside us became a dumping ground. Was down the same day both times and found letters with names and addresses on them and off he went delighted to be issuing a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Where exactly is avourwen...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

That's horrible iPearly, very frustrating for you.

I think that maybe at this stage you could tell him that this is not acceptable :mad: The softly softly approach does not seem to be working with that guy.

We have a similar problem in our estate, but whoever owns the dog in our place seems to let it out at night to poo wherever it wants. Cleaning dog poo off kids shoes has to be one of the most disgusting jobs.

The Chord Road and Greenhillls areas are destroyed with dog poo also. I do see some (not many) discarded poop bags though - not enough bins around the place :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

moonshadow wrote: »
    Where exactly is avourwen...;)

across the road from wolftones gaa football field, platin road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Take a few pictures via a camera and supply them to the litter warden?
    You could also keep a log of of how regular this chap is with his dog.

I'd do both to be honest and if I had the chance I'd follow the chap to see where he lives.

...Then have a chat with the litter warden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I wouldn't confront him. This day and age you wouldn't know what kind of temperment you are approaching. Much easier to do it all quietly and get on to the litter warden.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

You can report them here:

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/RL_Leinster.html

County Louth

Senior Staff Officer,
    Environment Section,
    Louth County Council,
    County Hall,
    Millenium Centre,
    Dundalk,
    Co Louth

Tel: 042 9353130
    Out of Hours: 042 9335457
    Fax: 042 9353196
    Litter Hotline: 1800 202 606
    Email: environment@louthcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Seen this happening a lot in bettystown
    Also seems to be people with greyhounds too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It is widespread (so to speak) in Grange Rath too! Nasty stuff :(

I've two dogs and it takes no hassle to bring a bag and no time to clean up!

Advertisement