Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Windows

Options
  • 17-10-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm replacing old wooden frame windows for double glazed PVC and I've been told that one of the requirements is to ensure that my alarm system (wires & sensors) is disconnected. Just wondering do I need to get alarm company to disconnect or could it be a DIY job? Also the brackets used to hang roller blinds are screwed into the wooden frames, can these be screwed in to PVC?
    Thanks in advance for your help. :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scob

Hi,
    As I am a replacement window fitter and have my own company, it is apart of the companies policy that if there are blinds or any attachments to windows or doors that they are removed by us the company with care and put back up again except alarm systems on windows as we cannot ensure that the alarm system will work again.

Advertisement