Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring doctors and records!!

• 17-10-2012 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

hey guys hope im in the right forum if not mods please feel free to move...

Last week i rang my own GP for to see could he fit me in for an appointment that afternoon or the following day and i was advised that the doctor was very busy and couldnt see me till towards the end of the week,now as been up the week before and my condition having gotten wrose i needed a doctor and couldnt wait till the end of the week so i hung up and said id make alternative arrangments...Now as im a private patient i knew id have no hassle seen another doctor and i rang a doctor that was 5mins away and told me come in straight away,now ive decided to stick to this GP as he was wonderful had me admitted to a+e and i got a proper diganosis and treatment..ive now decided that i would like to keep using this GP as his more convenint to me (instead of been 40mins drive away)i was just wondering how would i go about nicely getting my flies from my old GP to my new GP...their needed as im in the middle of a personal injury claim ive already advised my lawyer of the gp switch and he said its not gonna cause hassle as long as we get all flies over

Cheers guys and sorry for the long post :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Ask your new GP what their policy is. New GP can write to previous Doctor enclosing written consent from you requsting your records or just write to previous doctor saying please send my records to Dr XXXXXX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had this done, no issues at all. My new surgery had a sheet for me to fill out and I signed it and my records were in the new surgery after a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Your new doctor will give you a letter stamped by them requested the files to be transfered. Hand it into your old doctor. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

hey guys hope im in the right forum if not mods please feel free to move...

Last week i rang my own GP for to see could he fit me in for an appointment that afternoon or the following day and i was advised that the doctor was very busy and couldnt see me till towards the end of the week,now as been up the week before and my condition having gotten wrose i needed a doctor and couldnt wait till the end of the week so i hung up and said id make alternative arrangments...Now as im a private patient i knew id have no hassle seen another doctor and i rang a doctor that was 5mins away and told me come in straight away,now ive decided to stick to this GP as he was wonderful had me admitted to a+e and i got a proper diganosis and treatment..ive now decided that i would like to keep using this GP as his more convenint to me (instead of been 40mins drive away)i was just wondering how would i go about nicely getting my flies from my old GP to my new GP...their needed as im in the middle of a personal injury claim ive already advised my lawyer of the gp switch and he said its not gonna cause hassle as long as we get all flies over

Cheers guys and sorry for the long post :o

"this GP as his more convenint to me (instead of been 40mins drive away)"

would be a nice reason to mention to your old GP as why you are changing

vaguely related , i'm sure you've found it already ....

http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Case_Study_4/03_-_Access_To_Medical_Records/103.htm

Advertisement