Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options
  • 17-10-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

Thought Id set up a thread for people if they wanna talk about their offline careers as manager or players.If its handier to do it in the other thread then feel free to move it.

I'll start,started managing Newcastle,signed a good few players with potential but I suppose that was my downfall as I was sacked after the first season :(

Got offered have the teams in the Championship and a good few French teams but went for Leicester City who had a healthy transfer budget and a decent squad.

Team this season looks like.

GK Schmeichel

LB Konchesky
    RB De Laet/Opare(signed from Standard Liege)
    CB Morgan
    CB St Ledger

LM Sterling(on loan from Liverpool)
    RM Marshall
    CM King/Danns
    CM Drinkwater/Prowse(signed from Southampton)

CF Beckford
    CF Raimondi(signed on a free)/Knockaert

Reserves and subs are made up of players who were already there who ill be looking to move on in the next transfer window.

Opare is a legend,cracking speed,acceleration etc MOTM a good few times,Sterling is nice and quick too expensive to sign though.Raimondi is fast too,dunno if he is in the game at the start havent checked.

Kasper Schmeichel wont sign a new contract and has asked to leave,any ideas on replacement keepers? Preferably one who is could enough to start but will develop well.

Im also the manager of Turkey and qualified for the World Cup! Knocking Ireland out though :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

On PS3 as AS Monaco.

Signed Mattocks, Piech, Guinazu and Ignashevich for about 2 million each along with Sterling (Liverpool), Montoya (Barcelona) and Cuenca (Barcelona) on loan

Got promoted in my first season in Ligue 2. I was seven points off the top early in the season, then got a seven point lead before going though a terrible run of form at the end of the season losing four of my last six games to miss out on the title by two points.

Got to Coupe de la Ligue quarter final but lost from a 120th minute corner against Rennais.

Won the Coupe de France, somehow managed to avoid Ligue 1 opposition until the semi-final where I beat Valenciennes on penalties. Played PSG in the final and won 2-1 after scoring twice in the first 15 mins. This meant I qualified for the Europa League

Starting XI at end of first season was:

Sourzac (74)

Montoya (77)--Raggi (75)--Ignashevich (77)--Tzavelas (73)

Guinazu (78)--N'Dinga (C) (75)

----Cuenca (78)----Barazite (79)
    Sterling (75)

Mattocks (72)

Got the Norn Iron manager's job but haven't played a game with them yet

During the summer window, Bayern Munich and Roma both offered €16 million for Barazite but I upped the price and eventually got €22.5 million from Bayern. Used that money to bring in Sakho for €10 million, Sterling for €7 million and Kraft for €2 million. However, just as I tried to sign Miyachi, the game froze and freezes everytime I try to play it so I've been waiting for two weeks for this elusive patch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Started as AFC Wimbledon in League 2.

Picked up Bebe on loan from United, Enda Stevens on loan from Villa, Mikael Forssell on a free, Dida on a free :D and Hosam Ghaly on a free.

Walked the league, won it by something like 28 points. Starting 11 at the end of the first season was:

Dida
    Fenlon--Balkestein-Bennett--Stevens
    Ghaly--Moore
    Kiernan
    Long
    Jolley
    Bebe

My CB's, Balkestein and Bennett grew +6 over the year, Kiernan and Jolley are young pace demons, Stacey Long I made captain and banged in goals and lead the league in assists. Bebe finished top scorer.

Thanks to the contracts glitch I lose Moore, Fenlon and loads of young players.

Season 2 I signed Josh Kennedy, Punch Masamenela and a Bulgarian right back on free's who are all doing well, but the star of the team is Angelo Russo, an 18 year old Italian striker who was rated 74, has 10 goals in 7 games and is now 77 and worth £6m. Amazing.

Really enjoying it, gonna take them to the Prem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Started as a player (box to box DCM) with Shamrock Rovers. After one game (I won MOTM) they ship me out on loan to bloody Hartlepool. We end up winning League 1 and I'm back next season.

Doing well - only setback being an 8-week injury layoff - but, when the transfer window rolls around, I'm sold to Bayern Leverkusen. Bloody LOI management eh...

It's interesting starting at quite a low level as a player. While you'd assume that your stats would obviously be inflated, the slowness and lack of awareness from my team-mates led to many incomplete passes, or passes that were drilled so hard towards me that I lost possession. Bundesliga is a step up and beating defenders is harder, but having quality around is a big benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not mine, but never sim games folks

E1pEy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What's the contract glitch? Uh oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 blueflag1

Started a season with Everton.

Brought in Malouda for 3mil and is ripping up the wings for me.

Made a quality signing in young Tom Ince from Blackpool. Great pace on both wings now and both deliver a quality cross. Seeing as they're both left footed, I'm playing Malouda on the right, cutting inside and hitting that finesse button(which I have noticed has been seriously chopped down this time around!).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Im enjoying playing the career mode at the moment. I started off with Crawley Town, not much of a budget to work with so signed all freebies, the main ones were Ali (Bargain buy), Killen, Vayrynen, Ghaly, Kennedy and a few others. Won the league in first season, signed a few more guys, got a transfer budget of 2M so i was happy with that.

Signed Kelvin Wilson, Lucas Piazon - loan (great player), Martin Paterson, and a few others signings but one player i would recommend is a guy called Nsame of Barca. He's only 18, in my 2nd season his overall was 69 but his overall is quickly going up. He's 6"5, and reminds me a lot of Yaya Toure. Going to buy him and Piazon at the end of the season.

The only decent players that i started off with was MacFadzean CB, Jones LW & Clarke CF. So Crawley is a bit of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 blueflag1

I find myself bouncing from career mode to online seasons too much to manage a lower league team and really work on it.

Arciphel wrote: »
    What's the contract glitch? Uh oh!

I had 8 players who's contracts were expiring, I wanted to keep 6 of them so offered them all new deals, I got emails saying all 6 were accepted.

Then I kept getting emails saying players contracts were expiring...

2 of the lads were grand and signed 2 year extensions, but 4 of them had the years of the new deals SUBTRACTED from their contract, so I had players with -2 years on their deal, couldn't negotiate a new one as they had just agreed a new deal, and they all left on a free. Even worse, I couldn't sign them as free agents as negotiations are blocked if you release a player.

Total bull****, and happening to loads of people on the EA Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Into my third season with Everton. Team is looking very good. Bought Bony (Dont laugh) from Viteese for £10.5 million and sold him the following season for £30 million for a nice profit. Playing a 4-2-3-1 at the moment.
    Alvarez (82)
    Baines (83) – Hovland (81) - Heitinga (81) - Van Der Wiel (78)
    Fellaini (86) - L.Diarra (82)
    Gueye (80) – Tarrabt (82) - Mirallas (82)
    Eminike (82)

Subs Include: Sterling, Mattocks, Barkley, Albrighton, Coleman, Kone, Gibson.

• Advertisement

Who does your man Mattocks play for, its not Joe Mattock by any chance is it?

I signed Nathan Redmond from Birmingham in Jan 14' for 3.1M. He is fast as fook, and say he will only get better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Who does your man Mattocks play for, its not Joe Mattock by any chance is it?

I signed Nathan Redmond from Birmingham in Jan 14' for 3.1M. He is fast as fook, and say he will only get better and better

No it's Darren Mattocks from the Vancouver Whitecaps.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Half way through my second season with Liverpool. Signed Long, Schmelzer, Leitner, Moussa Sissoko and Yang Mbiwa as replacement for Agger who left in January. Schmelzer started just about every game and was immense, as was Sissoko (whose value had increased to nearly 50 million by the end from 4 million at the start :D). Long had 10 goals by December but got injured for the rest of the season. Won the league with about 4 games to spare.

In the summer I swapped Reina for Neuer and signed Gotze, who isn't doing as well as I'd hoped. Went through the group stages of the Champions League unbeaten and have still yet to lose in the league.

Starting line-up reads as;

Neauer

Johnson Skrtel Yanga-Mbiwa Schmelzer

Sissoko Allen

Gotze

Suso Borini Suarez

Subs: Coates, Kelly, Leitner, Lucas, Matias Suarez, Sterling, Long

Also have a couple of good youngsters in reserves like Jores Okore and Fernando Canesin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Won the league and CL with Schalke last season. Huntelaar got me 34 goals that season. However, him being 29 really put me off keeping him as his value will only diminish.

So I sold him, Barnetta and a few other free signings and brought in some more accomplished players.

This is my team in November 2013.

GK - De Gea (81)

CB - Howedes (84)
    CB - Papadopolous (82)
    CB - Inigo Martinez (79)

CDM - Capoue (83)
    CDM - Holtby (82)

CM - Witsel (87) AMAZING

RM - Farfan (87) Currently out with a torn calf.

LM - Sanchez (89)

CF - Eriksen (81) Oozes class. Really quick and 92 vision

ST - Doumbia (83) 18 goals in 14 games. Says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Playin career mode with my pro. Started with Bradford in league 2. I've banged in over 25 goals in the league and it's only jan!

Slight problem tho. My next match is against Liverpool in the FA cup but when I go to play the game it freezes after the 'warming up' screen. This happened in FIFA 11 too but I was able to sim the game to get past it. Can't sim this time tho cause I'm just a player. Anyone any ideas. Really annoyed if I can't continue

Edit: nevermind. I managed to get past the game by going into calendar and simming past the Liverpool match. Still annoying tho. I could have taken em!,

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Haha excellent, didnt know there was thread like this on boards :D

Delighted!! Spent 6 hours tonight, putting all the proper stadium names into the game. Downloaded Shaktar Donetsk & Dynamo Kiev and made them join the Polish league replacing two 1 star teams in there to make it a bit more competitive :)
    Apoel, Fenerbache, Besiktas, will also be in my career mode to help make Europe competition a bit more interesting!

So I'm all ready to get started... I'm a sad **** when it comes to my manager mode :P have a fake Italian character that I use to play it.

But who to pick???

Arsenal?
    Anzhi Mackhachkala?
    Shakhtar Donetsk?

Can't decided!!!

Delighted!! Spent 6 hours tonight, putting all the proper stadium names into the game. Downloaded Shaktar Donetsk & Dynamo Kiev and made them join the Polish league replacing two 1 star teams in there to make it a bit more competitive :)

How did you manage to download the likes of Shaktar?

Hey man,

You can download threw the Creation Centre. There are a few teams there that people made. Go by the ratings to get the best made teams.

Then when setting up you're Career Mode, you can add them to a league.

I had to download an update that allows you to use Creation Centre teams in career mode, i think it cost 130points...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Started with United, as ya do! Aguero puts in a transfer request. Threw in a cheeky 33 million bid for him and have it accepted!
    2nd season now and the front four is;
    Valencia Roo RVP
    Aguero

With Nani, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez all on bench!

Thought I would update the thread on my AFC Wimbledon career.

So last post I made was as I was about to start the League 1 campaign. I ended up finishing 1st on 115 points, 4 points clear of Charlton. Into the Championship I went.

From January of season 2 and pre-season of season 3 I've added the following players:

Alex Smithies - 71 rated young GK who has huge potential.
    Aiden White - 70 rated young Irish LB who has 90 pace and huge potential.
    Ryan Woods - One of the best young players in league one, massive potential, bought from Fleetwood Town.
    Ryan Iniss - Young CB from Crystal Palace who has massive potential.
    Nick Powell - United youngster on loan, pure class.

Free agents:
    Francisco Ferreira - 70 rated 18 year old Brazilian CB. He's my David Luiz. An absolute beast.
    Josepmir Ballon - CDM from Peru who is a tank in the middle of the pitch.
    Christian Nesto - 18 year old Italian ST with big potential, hoping he can be the next Andrea Russo.
    About 4 Swedish players under 19 years of age, I got a Swedish scout and heard if you send them to their own country they get best results, I have 4 young lads who have between 82-94 potential.

Development:
    The lads I've had from the start, Kieran Brennan and Christian Jolley have now +90 sprint speed and acceleration, and are both 69 overall. Very effective.
    Pim Balkestein my dutch CB who also has been there since day one has grown to 69 and is an absolute tank. He has 90 strength.
    Sergio Torres who we scouted has shot up to 71 OVR and is a rock.
    Andrea Russo has now grown to an 80 over all. He is the best player in the Championship by a mile. I had to turn down a £14m offer for him from Napoli because I need him and I'm not strapped for cash thanks to a £40m funds injection due to a financial takeover. Result!

So my starting team in the Championship is:

Smithies
    Bandalovski-Ferreria-Balkestein-White
    Ballon-Torres
    Kiernan
    Powell
    Jolley
    Russo

So aside from Pim Balkestien and Bandalovski who are 29, the next oldest player is 23 year old Ballon. My bench is stacked with class youth and my plan is to chop and chance, keep winning (I have one of the best sides in the league) and as a result they should all be good enough to play in the Premier League next season.

Loving career mode this year.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Won the World Cup with Ireland :pac: Jeff Hendrick and James McCarthy are heroes. Beat Italy 2-0 in the final, not before hammering Brazil 3-1 in the semis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Also signed Ballon on a free in my Portsmouth career mode. And as Ive no funds in general:pac: Ive picked up a quick full back called Punch Masembala:confused: and another decent CDM in Jose Chavez. Raheem Sterling on season loan and so far unbeaten and top of the league after 5 league games. Who says ya need money to be successful:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,231 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone have trouble with career mode freezing? I had a player career. Started with Arsenal, went on loan to Scunthorpe, did ok. When it came to the end of the season and had to return to arsenal the game crashes everytime it tries to set up the season. Feckin sickened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble with career mode freezing? I had a player career. Started with Arsenal, went on loan to Scunthorpe, did ok. When it came to the end of the season and had to return to arsenal the game crashes everytime it tries to set up the season. Feckin sickened!!

Same thing has happened to me. The patch was meant to fix it but EA being EA only managed to make it worse

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Also signed Ballon on a free in my Portsmouth career mode. And as Ive no funds in general:pac: Ive picked up a quick full back called Punch Masembala:confused: and another decent CDM in Jose Chavez. Raheem Sterling on season loan and so far unbeaten and top of the league after 5 league games. Who says ya need money to be successful:D

Haha I signed Punch as well. Damn solid LB, sometimes I play Aiden White at LM to accommodate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Update on mine.

Reached the playoffs with Leicester and beat Wolves in the final so another crack at the premiership for me.About 2/3 of the way through and sit in 7th with no real chance of Europe but we live in hope!
    Team is(cant think of ratings now but will come back to them)

Butland

RB-Opare
    CB-Kouyate(beast!!)
    CB-St.Ledger
    LB-Buttner

CM-King
    CM-Ravel Morrison

CAM-A.Traore

RW-Zaha
    CF-Barkroth(like lightning when he gets going)
    LW-Wellington Silva

Hoping to sign Rui Patricio or someone similar as Butland has cost me a few games(well Im blaming him anyways!!)

Nice few youngsters coming through my youth academy including one LW Federico Bolatti I got from Argentina,signed as a 62 overall with about 5 70+ stats,only thing wrong is he is a giant so ball control aint the best.

Bench has Beckford,Ben Marshall,Wes Morgan,Ward-Prowse,De Laet and a couple of regens I signed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

arsenal career 2nd season got new owners
    gk
    scezency
    lb cb cb rb
    sagna(c) ramos hummels baines
    lm cm rm
    cazorla wilshere I FORGET
    cam
    reus
    ls rs
    podolski falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I started an Arsenal career aswell 1st season I signed Lewandowski to replace RVP , Somethin we didn't do in real life lol, Also took Blasacowski or however you spell it from Dortmund ,brought in Loric Remy as back up and he pushes Lewandowski out of the time and finishes top scorer in the league guy is awesome. Half way through the season Wilshire decides like most Arsenal players eventually do, That he wants to go...54 mill offer from Barca bye bye Jack,

Brought in Sven Bender again from Dortmund as a replacement was winning the league handy enough was always ahead, drew Juventus in the last 16 in Champions League..drew 1-1 in Turin and got then got torn to pieces at home 5-2 :( won the carling cup with mostly my 2nd team, same with the FA Cup met mostly non premiership teams up until the final won 1-0 against City

Season 2 Sagna decides he wants to go (WTF!!) seriously realistic lol , Also bizarlly new owners took over and gave me 65 million pounds and along with Sagnas sale and a few others who came back from loan moves, also near deadline day Arteta feics off aswell, so i decided to leave until january, In the middle of the craziest league ever Spurs are top and theres a point between them and Man United in 6th place im 2nd, Chelsea are in 10th having a mare of a season , January came i hit the market big time, Bought Christian Erikkson for 22mil to finally replace Wilshire, did a swap deal 10+Lewandowski for Cavani, sickened spurs by buyin Kyle Walker to replace Sagna and Badstuber to shore up my defence. in January now in the semis of the Carling Cup agian , in 4th round of the Champions league and raring for road !

Update on Crawley Town

Into my third season now, got promoted from the Championship, finishing 2nd to Southampton, Norwich were the other team that went up.

I got a nice little budget for the BPL of 14M, here is the team

Adan 77 (signed from Real)
    Garrido 76, Pearce 77, Hovland 78 (signed from Molde, BEAST), Ncgonga 74,)
    Miyachi 77 (loan), Enriquez 75 (big Mexican fecker), Mahlangu 78 (Hes S. African, brilliant agility, pace, stamina but he not stong), Redmond 78 (anyone looking for a "wonderkid" buy this fella. hes only 20 in my game but he has unreal stats)
    Mbokani 78 (Anderlecht), Long 75/Afobe 75 (loan Arsenal)

I have a sheet load of players im trying to sell but nobody is putting bids in from them. The all range from 65-70 overall so not sure why i cant sell them.

But my 1st season in the BPL is going well, think im 11th after 13 games, looking to finish mid table. Then next season try break into Europe

• Advertisement

Just finished my 2nd season with AS Roma.

Clinched the Scudetto on the last day if the season on GD. Pipping reigning champ's Juve to the post!
    It was quite fitting that Francesco Totti scored the winning goal in his last game for the club. :D
    We reached the Champions League semi-finals too, but Real Madrid turned out to be to strong for us.
    An early exit from the Coppa Italia didn't go down well with the board.

Turned down Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City in the summer. Altho if Arsenal or United come knocking, i'll be gone!

Stekelenberg
    Abate - Castán - Bocchetti - Balzaretti
    Florenzi
    Lamela - Van Der Vaart - Verdi
    Leando
    Osvaldo

Fairly young squad going into my 3rd season. Verdi and Leandro, both 20 and both are lethal. Promoted two youth players. Balzaretti is 33, so a new Left Back will be required.

Advertisement