Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Playing with Cork City.

First season was rough as I was adapting to Legendary on the new game but won the Cup in my second season and qualified for Europe. Won the Europa league beating Udinese in the final and scraped the league title. Having so many games means I keep playing my second string in the League. Makes things so much more awkward!

Got through to the Champions League group stage this season where I'm up against Chelsea, Inter and PSV. Gulp.

My team is made up of loads of free transfer 17 /18 year olds along with guys like Bandolovski, Gaman, Masamela and Ballon. Star player is a 6'9", 200 pound, Italian 18 year old striker with 5 star skill moves and 80 pace gloriously named Cristiano El-Shaarawy!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Playing with Cork City.

What type of budget are you working with? Wouldnt say its that much. Mght start off a career mode with a team in the Scottich league, at least the finances will be a bit better

What type of budget are you working with? Wouldnt say its that much. Mght start off a career mode with a team in the Scottich league, at least the finances will be a bit better

Quite poor. You have to generate your own money through sales. I just work almost exclusively off free agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owenthetank

i got a career with my home town shrewsbury and are dominating the league but i have to admit i did benzema there then sold him but:o

ive brought in some talented youngsters like
    de scelgio on loan from ac milan
    de something from rm castilla
    lucas torro rm castilla
    and this nineteen year old lb from ajax
    email me some good players i could buy at owenthetank@hotmail.co.uk
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::eek:

you cant use hyperlink you have to type it when you send

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

With Spurs at the mo bout 27 games through the season.

LLORIS

WALKER
    VERTONGHAN
    MATIP
    BALE

PARKER
    FELLANI

BEN ARFA
    FALQUE
    DEMPSEY

SIGURDSSON

FREDIEL KABOUL EKKOTTO CAULKNER GALLAS NAUGHTON SANDRO ZAHA INCE STERLING

POGBA BECKHAM(GUILTY PLEASURE) DEFOE ADEBEYOR

WITH ALL PLAYERS SOLD LIKE LENNON HUDDLESTONE ETC I ONLY SPENT LIKE 4 MILLION

Top of the league, knocked out of fa cup but won league cup and still in uefa cup....

really enjoying it this year thinking bout who to sign next year and let go....

do the good international jobs come after a few seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Just finished my 2nd season with AS Roma.

Clinched the Scudetto on the last day if the season on GD. Pipping reigning champ's Juve to the post!
    It was quite fitting that Francesco Totti scored the winning goal in his last game for the club. :D
    We reached the Champions League semi-finals too, but Real Madrid turned out to be to strong for us.
    An early exit from the Coppa Italia didn't go down well with the board.

Turned down Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City in the summer. Altho if Arsenal or United come knocking, i'll be gone!

Stekelenberg
    Abate - Castán - Bocchetti - Balzaretti
    Florenzi
    Lamela - Van Der Vaart - Verdi
    Leando
    Osvaldo

Fairly young squad going into my 3rd season. Verdi and Leandro, both 20 and both are lethal. Promoted two youth players. Balzaretti is 33, so a new Left Back will be required.

After 3 seasons with Roma, my fifa **** itself and the save file has gone corrutped to the point that trying to load it causes freezing... >:(

Tomorrow evening will see me start a brand spanking new career mode. After playing so long in Italy, it's now time to take on England for the first time, starting in The Football League 1.

Into my 4th season now with Crawley, finished 9th in the BPL, i was a good 12 points off the last Europa league spot. Brought in Wanyama, Van Rhijn (Ajax) and Jarvis. The squad is a bit bare and havent got that much money so brought in on loan Sterling, Robinson, and going to try get Afobe on loan again from Arsenal. The one thing that wrecks my head about this years Fifa is that players are retiring very young. I was looking to get in a 29 year old and he said he was retiring at the end of the year so he would of been retiring at the age of 30???? Doesnt make sense, and then a good few of my players retired at 32/33, very unrealistic. Especially when players are playing till they are 37/38 nowadays.

Its a shame really cause the game loses the appeal after your 4th or 5th season with all the players retiring and then been replaced by the regens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What's the craic with loan players? Finished first season in career and there's no sign of my players coming back to me or players Blackburn had loaned when I started career going back to their clubs.

I have no way to get rid of Colin Kazim Richards at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Into my 3rd season with Villa, struggling to get into Europe but slowly building.

Team is:

Frey (83)

Van der viel (77) Clark (82) Mertesacker (82) Alaba (80)

Fernando (80) Wellington Nam (81) Draxler (79)

Oxlade Chamberlain (80) Insigne (82) Muniain (80)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Has anyone experienced any ridiculous stat jumps? Gareth Bale grew to a 90 in one season in my Spurs team. He can destroy an entire flank if he's got a smidgen of room outside and in. I'm talking full length of the pitch. He won me four penalties against Fulham, just blowing past the full back and getting pulled in the box. This was on Legendary and all. Lloris grew to 91 as well. Seems like a lot.

Quite enjoying playing as Spurs actually, they have some really decent youngsters already on the books and a generous budget[26M, 130K on wages] so you can afford the five star scouts. Yago Falque and Tom Carroll are probably the pick of their crop of youngsters, with the likes of Smith (full back) and Ceballos as outside shots to make it. If you're a Championship club it'd be well worth going in for Parrett and Lancaster I think. They're not going to make it with me but they are both in the mid/high 60's and they put on a few points quick enough. Within a season or two they'd be good enough to be regular starters lower down in the Premier League probably. Trying to phase in an American playmaker right now that I scouted, Beltran. He's a 70 rated 16 year-old. Potential in the mid-90's. Another scouted player is a Cameroonian, Awushi Kwei, a Yaya Toure-alike. Covers the ground very quickly, he'll be a monster once his passing comes on. Bought Wilfried Zaha and Musa as well to give cover on the wings. Slightly disappointed with Musa, seems a little rigid. Zaha will have Lennon replaced inside eighteen months I reckon, he's well worth the money. Need a striker and a young centre back to round out my squad, being forced to play Huddlestone at CB to give the starting two a rest whenever I've got a Europa League or cup match on. Might go in for Zuma next summer.

Lloris

Walker
    Kaboul
    Vertonghen--Assou-Ekotto

Sandro
    Dembele---

Lennon
    Sigurdsson
    Bale

Adebayor

Melgrati[scouted young GK], Caulker, Naughton, Livermore, Musa, Falque, Defoe

Defoe has gotten three injuries of fairly decent length, all shoulder related, so he's at risk. When he's out Zaha replaces him on the bench. Sandro wants to leave so Livermore will replace him and Kwei will go on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Struggling for players now in my Pompey career mode after selling my two best players in Howard and McLeod to raise funds for contracts :( Still fighting for promotion though but it il be tough now even though Vuckic on loan should add to fire power

Just wondering what team i should pick for my next career. Im looking for a lower league team in possibly the German/Italian/Spanish league. If anyone has played in these leagues can you recommend a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just wondering what team i should pick for my next career. Im looking for a lower league team in possibly the German/Italian/Spanish league. If anyone has played in these leagues can you recommend a team?
    Ill always have a soft spot for deportivo personally!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Ill always have a soft spot for deportivo personally!

Have Deportivo been relegated recently? I know Villareal were relegated last season, that could be enticing. Nice kits too

1688wu0.jpg

I tried to start a foreign career mode but i seem to always get pulled into the English one, think its cause im more similar to the teams & players.

I picked Aston Villa to start off, they have a good few young players like Clark, Lowton, Delph, Baker, Bannan so ill try develop them. Put Bent up for sale to raise a bit of cash. First signing traded in Ireland + 2M for Kouyate :)

Going to experiment a bit with a formation of 3-5-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Started as a player for Cork City. Did quite well and signed for AC Milan. Played few games for them before been sent out on loan.
    Wasted my first year playing with all squad. You grow much better by playing with your pro. Getting a good run of 8.0 plus rating at Brescia. So hopefully will get a recall back at Milan.
    One thing i didnt like is that you cant set your player to be two footed.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

In my 5th season with Liverpool. Only lost 5 or 6 games in those years (then again I am playing on Professional :p). I take a Logans Run approach to my squad and sell players when they hit 30, so the team is quite young. Had sell Allen to Madrid cos he wanted out, got 50million for him though. Thinking of leaving at the end of the season and head to Europe. Same goes for the Ireland job.

My squad currently

Neuer 93

Kelly 85 Coates 82 Yanga Mbiwa 88 Schmelzer 88

Moussa Sissoko 87 Shelvey 84

Suso 81

Pacheco 84 Borini 90 Sterling 82

Bench

Robinson 75 Sama 77 Gotze 93 Some Croatian lad Martic I think 83 Yesil 81 Schenikov 71 Leitner 81

Have a few decent youngsters in reserve as well

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I'm after finishing my second season as manager of LFC, playing on World Class. I finished 4th in the league and made it to the Champions League Semi-Final - got knocked out by Real Madrid when they scored 3 in the last half hour to win by 1 :[

Did some nice dealings in the transfer market in the season just past; sold Gerrard, then picked up Silva, then got offered crazy money for Silva because he was in great form, so I took the cash and bought Fabregas off Barce. Real made a bid for Suarez for £25mil, so I made a £35mil counter-offer which got accepted, then I used the money buy Aguero. Aguero has been phenomenal, getting countless vital goals to win crucial games.

So, I've been trying to build up my squad in the pre-season to make a push for the league title this season coming.

OUT - Downing, Johnson, Carroll, Henderson

IN – Sahin (Was only on loan last season), Walcott, K. Walker, De Jong (hopefully)

Which makes my first team for this season:

Reina
    K.Walker---Skrtel---Subotic---J.Enrique
    Sahin
    Walcott
    Assaidi
    Fabregas

Welliton
    Aguero

Go on the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Trying to guide Swansea to europe isn't going to plan for me (playing on professional)

Vorm
    Chico-angel rangel-A.Tate-N.Taylor
    iTurbe-Michu-Crusat
    Pablo hernandez-dyer
    Deulofeu

I'd recommend deulofeu from Barcelona B

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Im on my 3rd career mode. United first for 2.5 seasons, then Wigan for 1.5 and started now with Wimbledon.

22 games in, tied for 2nd in the league. 3 points off top. I had a pretty bad start with 9 points from the first 6 games but now on 43 points. Only 13 points between 1st-11th. Got to last 16 in the league cup before I met Chelsea.

Once I score I win the match. All league wins have been 1-0 apart from two 2-0. Some how Ive managed to only concede 3 goals in 22 league games which resulted in three 1-0 defeats.

I signed Dida and Forsell (currently out for 3 months) and have 9 players on loan, 7 of which start. Im hoping to offload 3 players in January and get money from the board as only about 4 players have contracts past the end of the season and I need the money for the wages as currently I cant afford to resign anyone. Was expected to finish mid table and since the board didnt give me any money when I previously requested funds Im expecting a bit of a pay out.

• Advertisement

I couldnt get into the A Villa career so i put a halt to that and started a career with Bradford on World Class.

Decent start to the season. Signed Ballon, Randalovksi, Kim, Killen, Brosque and a few others all on free transfer. The stand out players already on the team were Davies CB & Hines RM. I tend to get bored of the career about 3-4 seasons in so see how this goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Started a career with Espanyol. Playing on professional and I'm 7 matches in with 7 wins. My transfers were:

IN:
    Darida - free - 22 yo cam, would recommend to anyone. He's gone up to 78 and wrecking the league atm.
    Kaviak - free - 23 yo cm, only brought him in as a squad player but he's been banging in the goals so is now a regular.
    Heung-Min-Son - 4.6 million euro - 20 yo striker, Bought as future no 9 but started him on the wing. Top scorer in the league with 9 goals.
    Ben Yedder - 2.5 mill - 22 yo striker, squad player.
    Jetro Williams - 3 million- 18 yo lb, signed as future left back.
    Quaresma - free- 29 yo rw, class act. Player of the season so far.

OUT:
    Verdu - 5.5 million- was the best player at the club but received an offer i couldn't refuse.
    Sold 3 more sh1t players.

My team is:

Alvarez(78)
    Javi Lopez(73)---Forlin(80)
    H.Morena(80)---Capdevilla(74)
    Baena(75)

Kavlak(75)
    Barida(78)

Simao(80)
    Quaresma(84)----
    Son(74)

Subs:Badia(64), Colotto(73), Wakaso(72), Albin(73), Vic Sanchez(71), Longo(73), Ben Yedder(71)

Charlton460.jpg

I have been confirmed as the new manager of Charlton Athletic on a 3 year deal. The board want me to avoid relegation from the Championship. I'm going to use this club to breed talent for the Republic of Ireland national team and someday I hope to manage them in the World Cup.

5 games into the season and my form is WLDDD. Not the best of starts but beat Burnley in the League Cup which I hope will turn into a good cup run. Aso need to keep funds to hire a decent scout and send him to Ireland to build my youth academy.

Transfers IN:

Alex Nimley - Manchester City - 900k
    Ronan Rinn - Shamrock Rovers - 450k

Alex Nimley is off to a cracking start with a brace on his debut and another in his 2nd game.

Playing on World Class and so far getting results is tough. Need to make The Valley a fortress!!

Charlton460.jpg

I have been confirmed as the new manager of Charlton Athletic on a 3 year deal. The board want me to avoid relegation from the Championship. I'm going to use this club to breed talent for the Republic of Ireland national team and someday I hope to manage them in the World Cup.

5 games into the season and my form is WLDDD. Not the best of starts but beat Burnley in the League Cup which I hope will turn into a good cup run. Aso need to keep funds to hire a decent scout and send him to Ireland to build my youth academy.

Transfers IN:

Alex Nimley - Manchester City - 900k
    Ronan Rinn - Shamrock Rovers - 450k

Alex Nimley is off to a cracking start with a brace on his debut and another in his 2nd game.

Playing on World Class and so far getting results is tough. Need to make The Valley a fortress!!

On December 1st, the board of Charlton Athletic FC have taken the following action of sacking me from my post!
    This is following a run of 7 straight defeats and a lowly position of 23rd going into Christmas. :(

On December 1st, the board of Charlton Athletic FC have taken the following action of sacking me from my post!
    This is following a run of 7 straight defeats and a lowly position of 23rd going into Christmas. :(

Thats bad form by the board, get the Union involved :pac:

Thats bad form by the board, get the Union involved :pac:

haha **** them. They'll be doomed to rot in the Championship without me!!

I'm in talks with a local rival as we speak, so their decision could come back to bite them! Can't confirm anything yet, but my agent will have a press release later today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    On PS3 as AS Monaco.

Signed Mattocks, Piech, Guinazu and Ignashevich for about 2 million each along with Sterling (Liverpool), Montoya (Barcelona) and Cuenca (Barcelona) on loan

Got promoted in my first season in Ligue 2. I was seven points off the top early in the season, then got a seven point lead before going though a terrible run of form at the end of the season losing four of my last six games to miss out on the title by two points.

Got to Coupe de la Ligue quarter final but lost from a 120th minute corner against Rennais.

Won the Coupe de France, somehow managed to avoid Ligue 1 opposition until the semi-final where I beat Valenciennes on penalties. Played PSG in the final and won 2-1 after scoring twice in the first 15 mins. This meant I qualified for the Europa League

Starting XI at end of first season was:

Sourzac (74)

Montoya (77)--Raggi (75)--Ignashevich (77)--Tzavelas (73)

Guinazu (78)--N'Dinga (C) (75)

----Cuenca (78)----Barazite (79)
    Sterling (75)

Mattocks (72)

Got the Norn Iron manager's job but haven't played a game with them yet

During the summer window, Bayern Munich and Roma both offered €16 million for Barazite but I upped the price and eventually got €22.5 million from Bayern. Used that money to bring in Sakho for €10 million, Sterling for €7 million and Kraft for €2 million. However, just as I tried to sign Miyachi, the game froze and freezes everytime I try to play it so I've been waiting for two weeks for this elusive patch

Just tried this again for the first time in two months and it worked! :D Delighted!

Won the Champions League with Cork City. Beat Chelsea, Dortmund, Inter, Juventus and Milan on route. Lica, Mayuka, Barkroth and El Sharaawy(regen) my main men. Ridiculous pace in those four.

Left the club as a 4.5 star team looking for another challenge. Tried for the Cardiff job but got turned down! What more could they want from me?

Took the Hercules job in the end. Not been the best of starts in the Segunda but making progress up the table now in the last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dandynamo

Currently with napoli. Current serie a champions nhopefully will win the champions league. had no cavani when i joined so that was a massive loss. My current squad..Currently in Jan 2017

GK Graig Gordon 78 age 34 average keeper
    RB Carvajal 82 age 24 very quick and attack minded
    CB Bruno Uvini 84 age 25 very solid centre half
    CB Van Rhijn 80age 25 prob a better rb but add pace to the centre halfs
    LB Alex Sandro 84 age 25 very good all round game

CDM Paul Pogba 86 age 23 great presence at protecting the back 4
    CM Ravel Morrison 82 age 23 great dribling speed.Has settled in Italy
    CAM Chistian Erikson 87 age 24 playmaker .Top of the assist had to sell Hamsik

RWF Erik Lamela 86 age 24 Outstanding has been my best player
    ST Lorenzo Insigne 86 age 25 great speed and agiligy graet at gettin shot off
    LWF Wilifried Zaha 84 age 24 great dribbling and skill not as good as the other frontmen

Also have Nathon Redmond 80 age 22 very quick and good distant shooter. Leitner 82 age 24 very similar to morrison. Jese Rodriquez from RM Castilla 83 age 23 prob better than Zaha great dribbling speed and long shots. Deulofeu 79 signed from Barca B . Great speed to use for the last 20 min in games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just started my first season in Career mode with Manchester United. I decided not to buy any players and spend my money with scouts to develop youths for the future. I'm just 2nd in the league with 1 point behind Chelsea after my terrible defeat against Liverpool (0-1) :o My aim is to win the League and the F.A Cup but CL will be a big challenge with Real Madrid in the Last 16.

My starting XI:

De Gea
    Rafael
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra(c)
    Nani
    Anderson----Carrick
    Kawaga
    Rooney

RVP

Bench - GK Jonestone, Buttner, Evans, Scholes, Valencia, Cleverly & Welbeck.

Anderson has been unreal for me with his speed and dribbles with Carrick protecting the back 4. I find Kawaga to be more effective out on the left because I prefer to have Rooney & RVP on the pitch with him. Vidic is injured at the moment and I might find a new replacement for him if his situation doesn't improve. My other plan is to replace Scholes with Strootman or Eriksen in the summer transfer window for now. I've brought in a few youths from scouting system and a good few midfielders who are in the 90 potential range.

Things are looking good at the moment but I might depart for another club after 4 seasons but we'll see.

Advertisement