Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

xerces wrote: »
    I'm after finishing my second season as manager of LFC, playing on World Class. I finished 4th in the league and made it to the Champions League Semi-Final - got knocked out by Real Madrid when they scored 3 in the last half hour to win by 1 :[

Did some nice dealings in the transfer market in the season just past; sold Gerrard, then picked up Silva, then got offered crazy money for Silva because he was in great form, so I took the cash and bought Fabregas off Barce. Real made a bid for Suarez for £25mil, so I made a £35mil counter-offer which got accepted, then I used the money buy Aguero. Aguero has been phenomenal, getting countless vital goals to win crucial games.

So, I've been trying to build up my squad in the pre-season to make a push for the league title this season coming.

OUT - Downing, Johnson, Carroll, Henderson

IN – Sahin (Was only on loan last season), Walcott, K. Walker, De Jong (hopefully)

Which makes my first team for this season:

Reina
    K.Walker---Skrtel---Subotic---J.Enrique
    Sahin
    Walcott
    Assaidi
    Fabregas

Welliton
    Aguero

Go on the lads!

I won the Premier League and FA Cup on World Class this season :). The Champions League continues to prove elusive; I was beaten in the Quarter Final by Spurs. Great season overall though, and penalties against Man U was a dramatic ending to the FA Cup final.

So, after I give it a break for a while, I'm gonna try and play for the Premier League and Champions League which will mean strengthening the squad in pre-season.

Squad at the moment:

Reina
    Walker---Skrtel---Subotic---J.Enrique
    Lucas
    Walcott
    Assaidi
    Fabregas

Aguero
    Suarez

Doni, Coates, Kelly, De Jong, Sahin, Susaeta, Pacheco, Sterling, Spearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just into my second season with United and I won the Premier League but lost out in the European Cup against Real Madrid on World Class level. I've decided to strengthen my midfield by buying Strootman and Wilshere to add some creativitiy. The aim now is to win the treble.

My team as it stands:

De Gea
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Fabio
    Nani
    Strootman
    Wilshere
    Kawaga
    Rooney

RVP

Subs: Amos, Evra, Jones, Anderson, Cleverley, Young & Chico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just after starting my second season with my beloved Gooners after finishing runner up last year playing on World Class

Team as follows

Szcz Ovr 83
    Abate ovr 81, Vermaelen ovr 84, Dede Ovr 83, Gibbs ovr 80
    Wilshere ovr 85, Mvila ovr 83, Cazorla ovr 86
    Walcott pvr 84, Podolski ovr 83, Neymar ovr 87

This season the board expects a.... Mid Table Finish. Mad stuff I thought, the media expects me to finish 13th. This happened to anyone, in the transfer window I have also bought Jovetic and a couple other youngsters. How is that team only expected to finish mid table

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Started a Career with Liverpool sold Suarez to Chelsea :D And got Neymar And never looked back. Came Second in my first Season winning nothing, lost league cup final to Spurs.

In my second season on Legendary, 2-0 down in the first leg of the champions cup to Athletico. But top of the league. :cool:

Looking for a fast cheap left winger If anyone could recommend one.

Kinda gutted of who I sold reading through the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Luap wrote: »
    Started a Career with Liverpool sold Suarez to Chelsea :D And got Neymar And never looked back. Came Second in my first Season winning nothing, lost league cup final to Spurs.

In my second season on Legendary, 2-0 down in the first leg of the champions cup to Athletico. But top of the league. :cool:

Looking for a fast cheap left winger If anyone could recommend one.

Kinda gutted of who I sold reading through the thread.
    Nathan Redmond for Birmingham is a decent cheap winger and he is very fast if thats the type you are after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Luap wrote: »

Is there much of a jump from World Class to Legendary?

I might skip trying to win the League and Champions League in one season on World Class, and start a new career on Legendary instead. I have to say though, it takes every ounce of my concentration to get results on World Class as it is.

xerces wrote: »
    Is there much of a jump from World Class to Legendary?

I might skip trying to win the League and Champions League in one season on World Class, and start a new career on Legendary instead. I have to say though, it takes every ounce of my concentration to get results on World Class as it is.

I started my first season on World Class, 2nd on Legendary, I get a better sense of accomplishment when beating the computer on legendary. (bit sad I know). But also a friend is always on to me saying that I couldn't handle Legendary.

I've a good team and didn't really know the step up in difficulty in the league, but the Champions Cup is a different gravy.

Enjoying it very much so far, even though my best player has been Reina. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Hey,

I'm managing AFC Wimbledon and have them up at Npower Championship at the moment. Problem I'm having is that none of my players (transfer listed and not) will agree to bloody terms with a club when I get an offer from another club to buy them! In many cases, they were getting like £750 a week with me and the new club is offering £2000 - £3000 and they still won't agree to terms!

Is this a bug or am I just being REALLY unlucky!?! It's happened about 20 times now (and some of the players are 'unhappy' at my club)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just a victim of you're own success looks like to me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Idioteque wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm managing AFC Wimbledon and have them up at Npower Championship at the moment. Problem I'm having is that none of my players (transfer listed and not) will agree to bloody terms with a club when I get an offer from another club to buy them! In many cases, they were getting like £750 a week with me and the new club is offering £2000 - £3000 and they still won't agree to terms!

Is this a bug or am I just being REALLY unlucky!?! It's happened about 20 times now (and some of the players are 'unhappy' at my club)
    Just a victim of you're own success looks like to me :/

I wouldn't say it's that, I'm in the same situation as him, have AFC Wimbledon in the Championship, 8 points clear with 10 games to go, but I'm in an opposite situation in terms of player recruitment, I've just bought Lucas Piazon and Nathan Ake from Chelsea as part of my young revolution.

Although I did get a financial takeover after my promotion to the Championship, so wages have never been as issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's that, I'm in the same situation as him, have AFC Wimbledon in the Championship, 8 points clear with 10 games to go, but I'm in an opposite situation in terms of player recruitment, I've just bought Lucas Piazon and Nathan Ake from Chelsea as part of my young revolution.

Although I did get a financial takeover after my promotion to the Championship, so wages have never been as issue.

Ok, as long as it's not a bug or anything that's the main thing...thanks

Expectations for my 2nd season with Liverpool are very high. Win everything. :rolleyes:

Won the League Cup after E.T against United. :D In the semi of the F.A Cup, top of the league by a point and got knocked out of the Champions league by Ath Madrid.

Really enjoying it, hope I don't get the sack. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

I have just started a new career as Arsenal. I am planning to finally end the 8yr trophy drought although it will be difficult with next o no funds as I ten to spend all my money on scouts and do a Wenger as it has worked out for me before as in my last save I got a 18yr old RB with 77 rating came through my youth squad before I left Arsenal for Real Madrid Castilla as I wanted a new challenge (When you're buying Messi and still have change left for Ronaldo you know its time or a new challenge).
    Anyway I will be uploading my career to youtube for anyone who is interested to see how I fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I just started a new career with UD Las Palmas in the Spanish 2nd tier.

Pretty basic lower mid table team so I got in a few players on a free and a 17 year old winger from Sporting Lisbon on loan. Started off well in league in 5th place considering the mod gave me a prediction of 16th place finish.

Competitive enough league but I also played English championship mode in another career and the difference is mad

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chrislfc2012

how much do you get for winning league 1??

how much do you get for winning league 1??

Can't remember the number off hand but it's not a lot at all. I was facing a terrible situation until I got taken over, cash has never been a problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chrislfc1989

did you use the club takeover thing??

Do you have to start a new season for this to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No when you buy it , It comes into affect straight away like a day after resuming you're save

i doing a cm with swindon town goin well but come the end of the season money is goin to be a problem for next season and i have a lot of loaned in players too, do you think i should use the takeover??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

i doing a cm with swindon town goin well but come the end of the season money is goin to be a problem for next season and i have a lot of loaned in players too, do you think i should use the takeover??

To be honest i would not buy the takeover thing, it ruins the game for you when you can spend 5M on certain players for a team in the lower leagues. Just stick it out and when you eventually get to the PL then buy the financial takeover

Anyone got any recomendations for a CM championship team to start with? Was thinking along the lines of Blackpool, Birmingham, Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Anyone got any recomendations for a CM championship team to start with? Was thinking along the lines of Blackpool, Birmingham, Palace?

Go with Forest! Former European Champions that need to be returned to the summit of Europe!

Went with Blackburn, the main factors were the 5.5M budget & Jordan Rhodes

Signed two players from the SPL both from Motherwell Hateley CM 69 & Humphreys RW 68 aged 22 & 24, so still young with room for improvement. Think Hateley has a 92 stamina which is what you want in a CM

I signed a CB called Kolongo From Feyenoord or PSV. He is only 18 ovr 67, quick and strong. I made another two signings a CM & RB cant remeber their names. Leaves me a budget of 1M so might dip into the free agent market, go for Vayrynen for cover and a winger

use fifafanatic.com for players you can check all young players potential :)

use fifafanatic.com for players you can check all young players potential :)

Only thing about that page is that a good bit of the time the player can exceed the maximum potential that page gives.

It says Wilshere peaks at 90 but I had him go as high as 94

Here it is, my first episode of my career mode with Arsenal. feel free to subscribe to keep up to date with my weekly episodes.

I think I'm gonna start a fresh Career Mode... Dunno who to pick tho...

I'm either gonna start off with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, New England Revolution or San José Earthquakes in the MLS or Clube de Regatas do Flamengo in Brazil...

Can't decide which league will be more fun to play

I've decided on what te do with my career mode :) (My FIFA CM name is Roberto Socitelli :P ) I play on world class, 6mins a half.

Lyon_zpsd918b908.jpg

With PSG's billions, they are clear favourites to win Ligue 1 this season... I need to be able to challenge them the best way I can. Hugo Lloris has left for Tottenham Hotspur, so my first transfer is to get a quality goalkeeper. I caused a stir with this one... €11.5m for local rivals French keeper Stéphane Ruffier! St.Etienne's fans are out-raged at the deal.

2-1_zps6f7111f8.jpg

My 2nd transfer was for South African international Siphiwe Tshabalala from the Kaizer Chiefs for a fee of €4m.

1-1_zpsc932e66e.jpg

................................Ruffier..........................
    .Réveillére......Lovern......Bisévac............Monzón
    .Briand...... Gonalons........Gourcuff...........Bastos
    ................López............Gomis........................

Subs-Bench:
    Lopes
    Mvuemba
    Tshabalala
    Novillo
    Grenier
    Lacazette
    Benzia

I'm in the UEFA Europa League this season and I drew:

Athétic Bilbao
    Lech Poznan
    Shamrock Rovers

Tricky enough group... The press predicted a 2nd place finish in the league and the board just want Champions League football next season. I'm gonna invest in the Youth Academy and try and breed the next generation of French football stars! The goals are achievable, so let the games begin :D

• Advertisement

I didn't actually, was considering doing it at the next transfer window because my wage bill was criminally low, but then they just sprung it on me, was delighted.
    To be honest i would not buy the takeover thing, it ruins the game for you when you can spend 5M on certain players for a team in the lower leagues. Just stick it out and when you eventually get to the PL then buy the financial takeover

This is not the case, or at least was not for me, it's generally very difficult to get players to drop down to the lower divisions. Most of my money was used on wages, bringing in free agents, and the odd wonderkid who is still very raw.

Saving the money (well, most of it) for Premiership player recruitment.

Advertisement