Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

This is not the case, or at least was not for me, it's generally very difficult to get players to drop down to the lower divisions. Most of my money was used on wages, bringing in free agents, and the odd wonderkid who is still very raw.

Saving the money (well, most of it) for Premiership player recruitment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i suppose everyone plays it differently.

I usually have a strict transfer policy when managing in the lower leagues. Usually go for players between the age of 17-25, max wage 10k, max value 1M. Then add in factors like speed, stamina, strength and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

The more realistic, the more fun!

I know its a bit off the subject but has anyone played this year FM13? Used to love it but its gone a bit too realistic even for me! It would be great if they released it for the Xbox, or any manager game fo that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

I know its a bit off the subject but has anyone played this year FM13? Used to love it but its gone a bit too realistic even for me! It would be great if they released it for the Xbox, or any manager game fo that matter
    I love the football manager series with a passion as it is so realistic but I play FIFA because it means I have control over my players and my results are all on me rather than me getting tactis right etc. and still not winning due to back luck or something. That and the game is far too time consuming so I get bored very easily

Episode 2 of my Career mode. I finally get the seaon off to a start and end with transfer deadline day. Feedback is welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Infernikus wrote: »
    Episode 2 of my Career mode. I finally get the seaon off to a start and end with transfer deadline day. Feedback is welcome

Keep up the good work man! The only thing I'd suggest is to maybe try and get through more matches with each update by trimming your highlights as much as you can. Otherwise I can't see you getting much further than one season before you buy Fifa '14!

L'prof wrote: »
    Keep up the good work man! The only thing I'd suggest is to maybe try and get through more matches with each update by trimming your highlights as much as you can. Otherwise I can't see you getting much further than one season before you buy Fifa '14!

I was thinking of letting it be goals only that way it will cut down the time by a huge bit but I felt it would be a bit lacking if I did that. But thanks for the feedback nonetheless. I shall see what I can do with reducing how long the episodes are

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I was thinking of letting it be goals only that way it will cut down the time by a huge bit but I felt it would be a bit lacking if I did that. But thanks for the feedback nonetheless. I shall see what I can do with reducing how long the episodes are

I think the length is fine, I just wanna see more matches crammed in :) I'm travelling at the moment, so I'm relying on you for my Fifa fix :p

L'prof wrote: »
    I think the length is fine, I just wanna see more matches crammed in :) I'm travelling at the moment, so I'm relying on you for my Fifa fix :p
    Ah thats grand enough :P The future episodes I am cramming a while month into an episode so spending on how I do there are up to 6 matches per an episode. I have another episode coming out today with all of september in it. and I am working on october/November.

Here we have episode 4. A north London derby in this episode. Last episode in its current format to ensure maximum entertainment. I apologise if it seems like I am spamming. I feel bad that most posts on this thread are from me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCMHV49ypk

• Advertisement

Well my step up to World Class proved a harder task than I thought. Lyon have terminated my contract after only 15 games... very disgusted by these actions, but I suppose that's modern football! Hope PSG wins the league.

The offers on the table are from Real Betis and Real Zaragoza... don't know who to pick???

Well my step up to World Class proved a harder task than I thought. Lyon have terminated my contract after only 15 games... very disgusted by these actions, but I suppose that's modern football! Hope PSG wins the league.

The offers on the table are from Real Betis and Real Zaragoza... don't know who to pick???
    Real Betis if you want a relegation battle which are quite fun. Zaragoza if you want a safe mid table finish.

Betis do have a better budget... I think tho, Zaragoza will be the destination! I'll have to get editing a new Sky Sports News headline :)

Is there anywhere you constantly update your career with the SSN style? As to be honest that was so damn cool. and was fun to read.

I just do a screen shot of their website man, then do a edit using PAINT.NET. add in my own make up story lines :) makes the game more fun for myself.

RealBetis_zps9a81031d.jpg

After lengthy talks with both Real Zaragoza and Real Betis, I believe I have found the right fit for the next chapter of my career!

Home Stadium: Estádio Benito Villamarín
    Capacity: 56,000
    Main Rivals: Seville FC

Honours:
    La Liga: 1934/35
    Copa Del Rey: 1977, 2005.

The press have predicted an 13th place finish. And the board have set the following targets, finish mid-table and reach round 16 of the Copa Del Rey.

My first transfer was the sale of Benát to Athlético Madrid for €20m.

Reinvested the funds in 3 young Brazilian players.

ST - Ademilson - Sáo Paulo - €1.7m
    CF - Paulinho - FC Livorno - €2.5m
    CAM - Wellington Nem - Fluminense - €12m

Hope I get to play Lyon in the future, need revenge!!

RealBetis_zps9a81031d.jpg

After lengthy talks with both Real Zaragoza and Real Betis, I believe I have found the right fit for the next chapter of my career!

Home Stadium: Estádio Benito Villamarín
    Capacity: 56,000
    Main Rivals: Seville FC

Honours:
    La Liga: 1934/35
    Copa Del Rey: 1977, 2005.

The press have predicted an 13th place finish. And the board have set the following targets, finish mid-table and reach round 16 of the Copa Del Rey.

My first transfer was the sale of Benát to Athlético Madrid for €20m.

Reinvested the funds in 3 young Brazilian players.

ST - Ademilson - Sáo Paulo - €1.7m
    CF - Paulinho - FC Livorno - €2.5m
    CAM - Wellington Nem - Fluminense - €12m

Hope I get to play Lyon in the future, need revenge!!

I love this style of board post when it comes to fifa and FM saves. My friend did this with Villareal.

I love this style of board post when it comes to fifa and FM saves. My friend did this with Villareal.

Cheers man.

How do you create you're video's? What software do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Went with Blackburn, the main factors were the 5.5M budget & Jordan Rhodes

Signed two players from the SPL both from Motherwell Hateley CM 69 & Humphreys RW 68 aged 22 & 24, so still young with room for improvement. Think Hateley has a 92 stamina which is what you want in a CM

I signed a CB called Kolongo From Feyenoord or PSV. He is only 18 ovr 67, quick and strong. I made another two signings a CM & RB cant remeber their names. Leaves me a budget of 1M so might dip into the free agent market, go for Vayrynen for cover and a winger

I got promoted first season with Blackburn. They've a very good team and I brought in Ciaran Clark, Robbie Brady, Raheem Sterling and Emmanuel Frimpong.
    I played a 4-2-3-1 which looks like this:

Robinson
    Olsson Clark Dann Lowe
    Frimpong Pedersen
    Sterling Rhodes Brady
    Best

Best finished top scorer with more than 30 goals. Rhodes got 20 plus. Jordan Slew is actually decent too. Brady is listed as a left winger but I play him on the right.

I sold Best to Forest for 7 million after promotion and brought in Wilfried Bony off Vitesse as recommended on here. He's a beast.

Also brought in Momo Sissoko from Toulouse. He was a great player as well and replaced Pedersen.

Cheers man.

How do you create you're video's? What software do you use?

I record my footage with my pinnacle recorder. quality isnt great (720x480) but it does the job and my PC cant handle much more than that, poor thing is almost 7yrs old how I have it running so smooth is beyond me.
    I then edit my stuff on my on Sony Vegas.

• Advertisement

2012/13 Season Review

Well I finished my first season with Real Betis. Very exciting season, with a 3-1 victory over Levanté on the last day of the season, to clinch a Europa League spot over Athlétic Bilbao and also relegating Levanté in the process!

Had an early exit from the cup tho, drew Barcelona. Played em 4 times this season, lost all 4...

New signing Wellington Nem, was a revalation! Bagging the club top scorer with 14 goals and 9 assists!

Cup winners round-up 2012/13.

FIFA Confederations Cup: Spain
    UEFA Champions League: Manchester United
    UEFA Europa League: Internazionale
    UEFA Super Cup: FC Barcelona

La Liga: Real Madrid
    Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid
    Pi-chi-chi: Hélder Postiga - Real Zaragoza - 22 Goals

1. Real Madrid 85
    2. Athlético Madrid 80
    3. FC Barcelona 76
    4. Valéncia CF 75
    5. Sevilla FC 72
    6. REAL BETIS 68
    7. Athletic Bilbao 67
    8. Real Zaragoza 59

17. Espanyol 28
    18. Levanté 27
    19. Granada 26
    20. Rayo Vallecano 26

Season Highlights:

Away wins against Real Madrid and Seville! Two hard fought 1-0 victories.

Getafe we're taken over by some rich Russian billionaire.

I turned down the Tottenham Hotspur and Napoli jobs. I also turned down the Austrian, French and Belgium national jobs.

October manager of the month award.

Roll on 2013/14...

Wellington Nem signed a one year extension :D

Europa League play-off round draw was against Grasshopper Zurich. And my first game of pre-season is against Olympique Lyon!! :mad: Revenge will be sweet!!!

2012/13 Season Review

Well I finished my first season with Real Betis. Very exciting season, with a 3-1 victory over Levanté on the last day of the season, to clinch a Europa League spot over Athlétic Bilbao and also relegating Levanté in the process!

Had an early exit from the cup tho, drew Barcelona. Played em 4 times this season, lost all 4...

New signing Wellington Nem, was a revalation! Bagging the club top scorer with 14 goals and 9 assists!

Cup winners round-up 2012/13.

FIFA Confederations Cup: Spain
    UEFA Champions League: Manchester United
    UEFA Europa League: Internazionale
    UEFA Super Cup: FC Barcelona

La Liga: Real Madrid
    Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid
    Pi-chi-chi: Hélder Postiga - Real Zaragoza - 22 Goals

1. Real Madrid 85
    2. Athlético Madrid 80
    3. FC Barcelona 76
    4. Valéncia CF 75
    5. Sevilla FC 72
    6. REAL BETIS 68
    7. Athletic Bilbao 67
    8. Real Zaragoza 59

17. Espanyol 28
    18. Levanté 27
    19. Granada 26
    20. Rayo Vallecano 26

Season Highlights:

Away wins against Real Madrid and Seville! Two hard fought 1-0 victories.

Getafe we're taken over by some rich Russian billionaire.

I turned down the Tottenham Hotspur and Napoli jobs. I also turned down the Austrian, French and Belgium national jobs.

October manager of the month award.

Roll on 2013/14...

Wellington Nem signed a one year extension :D

Europa League play-off round draw was against Grasshopper Zurich. And my first game of pre-season is against Olympique Lyon!! :mad: Revenge will be sweet!!!

Not bad for a first season, Having a very mixed season with Arsenal at the moment. Currently have footage up until March recorded and they will be out in the coming weeks.

On the related note, here is episode 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

In my current season (14/15), Spurs are bottom of the table. I've played them twice and Bale was in goal both times. This happen anyone else?

Started a new career with Swansea, played as them last year and it was brilliant. Only really loss they had from last year are Sinclair & Caulker, but were replaced with Pablo Hernandez & Chico. Michu is looking good, very good on the ball. Bought three players Mbokani 6.5M and Barta & Dos Santos on loan both from Barca.

Lost 1st match 1-0 to QPR, won my 2nd match 4-0 against West Ham.

COME ON YOU SWANS

hefferboi wrote: »
    In my current season (14/15), Spurs are bottom of the table. I've played them twice and Bale was in goal both times. This happen anyone else?
    I have one in 17/18 and nothing like that has happened so far although I would love it for that to happen to spurs in any of mine

Doing well with Swansea, 15 games in and lying 6th in the table 5 points behind leaders Liverpool. Michu is brilliant, i wasnt sure about him at the start cause he isnt that quick but give him a chance and he will take it

In the semi final of the League cup, against Southampton and the other two are Newcastle & Blackpool

Have my two targets for the summer already, planning to get Jordan Henderson & John Guidetti

Dyer is stalling over a new contract so i might try cash in on him in January, reckon id get about 7M and try get Sterling on loan till the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Currently in my 3rd season with coventry! promoted to league 1 after first season! signed a french bloke called silvester signed for free scored 25 goals sold him to man united for 19 million brought in more young players. rebuilding the team young russian in now who has 16 in 20 and will be sold for big money again! building up nicely

Paris_Saint-Germain_FC_logo.svg

Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed that Roberto Socitelli has teken over at club based in the French capital. This is a result of Socitelli wanting out of Betis after only 1 season, because of the boards decision to cash in on the teams star player Wellington Nem to Manchester City for €28million.

"We signed him only a year ago and he signed an extention a month ago, then the board go over my head and cash in. I can't operate like that, either I'm the manager or not" - His statment on what happened at Betis.

Following PSG's decision to sack Carlo Ancellotti, the Parisians moved quickly to secure the services of the highly rated young manager! :p

Paris-Parc-des-Princes.jpg

The Parc des Princes will be my new home as I return to French football. The board have set a league and cup double for me and also victory in the Europa League. With the available funds and squad already here, I think I'll clean up with this club! I need to raise my profile so I can tackle an International job.

3rd club lucky hopefully....

• Advertisement

Hey, Im back again. Moved from Limerick to Laois so my posting has been very restricted. So here it is episode 5 of my Arsenal career. I should hopefully be able to get back to posting on Wednesdays and Fridays. It all depends on my internet usage.

Feel free to subscribe comment and like of course :P All feedback is welcome

Advertisement